Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
cityman14364 said:
ToffeeBlue said:
I have heard 8-10m this end

8-10 mill? whst the point of that toffee? you aint got it.. my own personal thoughts are if you had it youd have bought senderos by now and the time thats taken is laughable at what is it? between 3-6 mill? ..jo at 8-10 mill wont happen unless you want to deal of course..to me id give you jo and 15 mill for lescott, combined thats 34 mill 4 more than you want, jo goes we both happy, lescotts happy i think you lot would be happy to wouldnt you?

Didnt say it was going to happen and at this stage i would be happy for it not to happen

m27 said:
ToffeeBlue said:
And i mentioned liverpool found that solution where? "a solution was found to help Manchester" Which part of that is not true?

Aaaah. So what you really meant was "Mancunians used their wit and commercial nouse to rake in the cash". How apt.

Nope, what i meant was mancs were losing out because the couldnt use shipping to bring goods in/out of the city so they found a soloution. Your not in our league as a port mate

ToffeeBlue said:
m27 said:
Aaaah. So what you really meant was "Mancunians used their wit and commercial nouse to rake in the cash". How apt.

Nope, what i meant was mancs were losing out because the couldnt use shipping to bring goods in/out of the city so they found a soloution. Your not in our league as a port mate

Full stops, apostrophes, commas and capital letters are your friend.

ToffeeBlue said:
m27 said:

Really.. Liverpool port is like a ghost town now. Few ships to North America that all. Whilst we have one of the largest ports in Europe (think about it before you reply)..

This is getting beyond childish. It really doesn't matter which city has the best port, produces the best musicians, residents that steal the most hubcaps etc.

Can we just please be somewhat civilized adults and discuss football, particularly the possible transfer of a one Joleon Lescott?

Actually the MSC ended Liverpool as a major port in its day but anyway . £8 - £10 million opinion on Jo, use your brain and think about what you are saying.

Why the fuck would we let you have him for less than half of what we paid ?

You paid no loan fee and only half his wages ! You were quoted £18 million at the end of last season !

As it stands I will be amazed if hes still at Everton in January you wont get him for that sort of money if at all !

The fact of the matter Manchester = Englands second city. Only draw outside the South.

Liverpool = Gypsy scouse shithole.

vincent said:
ToffeeBlue said:

Really.. Liverpool port is like a ghost town now. Few ships to North America that all. Whilst we have one of the largest ports in Europe (think about it before you reply)..

Thought about, know its full of sh*t and now laughs at you! LOL

bluesyob said:
yes but they seem to think they have us over a barrel regarding his transfer i mean why would city hand everton a contract giving them all the power over one of our players transfer it does not make sense and would not happen.

EFC fan again - I'm trying to stay out of these arguments due the bile flying around, but in the hope of defusing at least one: according to reports, Everton do indeed have the right to exercise an option on Jo, IF the player agrees. If Jo wants to stay at City there's nothing Everton can do about it.

Everton have done a bunch of these deals. Yobo, Arteta and Pienaar were all signed on this type of loan, where Everton had the right to sign the player if they desired. (In fact in Arteta's case, Everton DIDN'T exercise the option, but instead renegotiated a lower price, which scared the hell out of everyone for a few weeks). There's been a load of players we didn't sign permanently after these loans (Castillo last season for example).

Why would a club like City sign away this right? Quite simply, we pay for it. For example, we paid £1m for Pienaar's loan, with a £2.5m agreed fee. If we didn't sign him, Dortmund would have got the £1m fee, saved on his wages, AND got the player back. If, like Pienaar did, he has a great season, obviously it looks like great business. If not...well, do you remember Rodrigo? No? Exactly. That cost us £1m too.

The mentions of contract law are a bit bizarre, since these things happen all the time in the real world. Think buy options on borrowed shares, or a lease of land with an option to buy. There's no reason at all you can't set a price for an asset in advance.

dontshootme said:
bluesyob said:
yes but they seem to think they have us over a barrel regarding his transfer i mean why would city hand everton a contract giving them all the power over one of our players transfer it does not make sense and would not happen.

EFC fan again - I'm trying to stay out of these arguments due the bile flying around, but in the hope of defusing at least one: according to reports, Everton do indeed have the right to exercise an option on Jo, IF the player agrees. If Jo wants to stay at City there's nothing Everton can do about it.

Everton have done a bunch of these deals. Yobo, Arteta and Pienaar were all signed on this type of loan, where Everton had the right to sign the player if they desired. (In fact in Arteta's case, Everton DIDN'T exercise the option, but instead renegotiated a lower price, which scared the hell out of everyone for a few weeks). There's been a load of players we didn't sign permanently after these loans (Castillo last season for example).

Why would a club like City sign away this right? Quite simply, we pay for it. For example, we paid £1m for Pienaar's loan, with a £2.5m agreed fee. If we didn't sign him, Dortmund would have got the £1m fee, saved on his wages, AND got the player back. If, like Pienaar did, he has a great season, obviously it looks like great business. If not...well, do you remember Rodrigo? No? Exactly. That cost us £1m too.

The mentions of contract law are a bit bizarre, since these things happen all the time in the real world. Think buy options on borrowed shares, or a lease of land with an option to buy. There's no reason at all you can't set a price for an asset in advance.
yes yes but you HAVE NOT paid a loan fee for jo.WHY does yhis not seem to sink in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.