Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
alera said:
If Everton had lost Lescott, Upson would have been his replacement. Next best option, West Ham have to bring in money I expect this to happen next week. Lescott will regret this big time and so will Everton IMO.

Unsettled player and no money to spend. Won the battle but lost the war, what they have wont get top 6 this season not with city, VIlla and Spurs stronger than last season and Everton significantly weaker.

I'm a bit confused by this. How are Everton significantly weaker? They've kept a squad together that got #5 and to FA Cup Final last season...

In fact you might argue they have got stronger as they have Jo on loan for entire season as well ( and there is no chance this will be revoked )

I would also disagree with your "pretty poor west ham" statement, they play some really nice football and still stayed strong after losing Bellamy and Cole to injury. Some fantastic kids there and I see them as top 7 contenders as well.

What I would agree with is your point about Spurs. I see them being in top 6 for sure, they were on top 4 form at the end of last season and they've strengthened.

Little snippet in a mates paper this morning took my eye - admittedly it was the Mirror, but nonetheless...
'Which Prem League Manager , who is boasting publicly about fending off a big transfer approach for one of his stars, won't even look at the player in question - as it was he who refused the lucrative move and the boss was keen to sell him?'
A little twist, or is this some other 'lucrative move'? Hmmmmmmmm any ITK's have any ITK about this?

I'm a bit confused by this. How are Everton significantly weaker? They've kept a squad together that got #5 and to FA Cup Final last season...

Quite easy really Jagielka - out until next year at least. Yakubu and Arteta comming back from career threatening injuries that kept them out of action for a season - they were fit this time last year. They wont be fit for season start and it will be interesting to see what level they can peform at when they do return. Key players getting on a bit (Neville etc). Fellani not fully fit. Squad players released. No new signings. Best defender unsettled.

Seems pretty clear to me that Everton are significantly weaker than at this stage last season !

You say there is no chance Jos loan will be canceled. Thats a bold statement, there is almost certainly a recall in that deal as you have not paid a loan fee or all his wages.

As for West Ham they were effectively repossed and now the bank that took control are near bankruptcy - there are rumnours that they have to raise at least £10 million from player sales by the end of August. No new signings and key squad players released - so they are definately weaker as well. Also they lost their best forward mid way through last season.

BooksReject said:
Little snippet in a mates paper this morning took my eye - admittedly it was the Mirror, but nonetheless...
'Which Prem League Manager , who is boasting publicly about fending off a big transfer approach for one of his stars, won't even look at the player in question - as it was he who refused the lucrative move and the boss was keen to sell him?'
A little twist, or is this some other 'lucrative move'? Hmmmmmmmm any ITK's have any ITK about this?
I'd suggest the manager in quetion is indeed Moyes, however I'd think the player in question is Louis Saha. Apparently Besiktas offered Everton a decent price for him, Moyes claims both he and Saha rejected the move but who knows.........can't see Lescott turning down the opportunity to join City if it was his choice. If we don't get Lescott is will be despite his wishes and becasue Moyes refuses to sell him, something that Everton will later regret as Lescott's value is at it's peak currently and, despite what anyone thinks, a player who simply doesn't want to be at a club will NOT be of the right mindset to perform at his best.

There is a very real chance Everton could drop down to 8th or lower this season. I fully expect Villa, City and SPurs to finish above them at the very least.

alera said:
There is a very real chance Everton could drop down to 8th or lower this season. I fully expect Villa, City and SPurs to finish above them at the very least.
The thing is I've expected Spurs and Villa to finish above Everton for the past 3 seasons, and they haven't managed it yet. Moyes seems to be one of the few people out there who have managed to polish a turd. Maybe a touch harsh on Everton but, on paper, their squad is inferior to Villa and Spurs (and now City) yet they've managed to finish 4th, 5th and 5th the last 3 seasons. I'm of the opinion that the bubble will burst sooner rather than later, but there's no guarantee.

alera said:

Quite easy really Jagielka - out until next year at least. Yakubu and Arteta comming back from career threatening injuries that kept them out of action for a season - they were fit this time last year. They wont be fit for season start and it will be interesting to see what level they can peform at when they do return. Key players getting on a bit (Neville etc). Fellani not fully fit. Squad players released. No new signings. Best defender unsettled.

Seems pretty clear to me that Everton are significantly weaker than at this stage last season !

You say there is no chance Jos loan will be canceled. Thats a bold statement, there is almost certainly a recall in that deal as you have not paid a loan fee or all his wages.

As for West Ham they were effectively repossed and now the bank that took control are near bankruptcy - there are rumnours that they have to raise at least £10 million from player sales by the end of August. No new signings and key squad players released - so they are definately weaker as well. Also they lost their best forward mid way through last season.

I think if you want a direct comparison from the start of last season we are perhaps weaker because of the injuries that Yakubu, Jags and Arteta have now that they didnt have then. Yakubu will be back virutally at the start of the season, Arteta beginning of septemeber so your only talking about a month or so for those two. Jags is back in november apparently.

Dont forget though we played virtually the whole season without Yakubu, and a lot of it with out Arteta and Jags, therefore they can be like three new signing. Granted I know they have had serious injuries so only time will tell if they come back as good as they were. What with Saha finally 'fit' and Fellaini (who is now putting weight back on and is virus free) playing his second season, James Vaughan and Anicheobe back from injury - we are stronger than we were last season.

You can talk about unrest but we dont know for certain, we had the most together squad of players in the league last year and I cant see that changing just because city have decided to try, and fail, to sign Lescott.

City wont cancel Jo's loan - to do this as a retort for us not allowing you to sign Lescott would be pathetic retaliation, I thought City were better than that.....

Just been told about this and posted it in another thread... Lescott maybe isn't too bothod about a fan backlash?

jhg1989 said:
Does anyone know about Lescott's loyalty bonus with Everton?

If he puts a transfer request in he weill loose his loyalty bonus. Okay if he signs for City it doen't matter. BUT, if he puts one in and it's rejected by Everton theres his loyalty bonus gone! Plus he's still at Everton...

I agree City won't cancel the loan deal, but I would say the chances of Everton signing him are almost nil, if he is successful with you next season his market value will go up and don't forget assuming that success leads to Everton finishing above City there is every chance that Hughes will be fired(as it would mean a 6th place finish, or worse).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.