Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellanis Hairdo said:
City wont cancel Jo's loan - to do this as a retort for us not allowing you to sign Lescott would be pathetic retaliation, I thought City were better than that.....
Whether were "better than that" or not I'd suggest is irrelevant. I've no doubt there won't be any way for City to get him back, the loan deal will stipulate that a recall from City isn't allowed, otherwise we could simply shaft Everton after the transfer window closes and recall Jo. If Everton haven't closed that particular loophole then they're very naive, which I doubt.

Matty said:
alera said:
There is a very real chance Everton could drop down to 8th or lower this season. I fully expect Villa, City and SPurs to finish above them at the very least.
The thing is I've expected Spurs and Villa to finish above Everton for the past 3 seasons, and they haven't managed it yet. Moyes seems to be one of the few people out there who have managed to polish a turd. Maybe a touch harsh on Everton but, on paper, their squad is inferior to Villa and Spurs (and now City) yet they've managed to finish 4th, 5th and 5th the last 3 seasons. I'm of the opinion that the bubble will burst sooner rather than later, but there's no guarantee.

Everton are just so resilient away from home. They defend in numbers, are patient and take their chance when it comes - they are very good at the smash and grab. They are not pretty to watch - often get outplayed but they are well set up away from home.

nmc said:
Matty said:
The thing is I've expected Spurs and Villa to finish above Everton for the past 3 seasons, and they haven't managed it yet. Moyes seems to be one of the few people out there who have managed to polish a turd. Maybe a touch harsh on Everton but, on paper, their squad is inferior to Villa and Spurs (and now City) yet they've managed to finish 4th, 5th and 5th the last 3 seasons. I'm of the opinion that the bubble will burst sooner rather than later, but there's no guarantee.

Everton are just so resilient away from home. They defend in numbers, are patient and take their chance when it comes - they are very good at the smash and grab. They are not pretty to watch - often get outplayed but they are well set up away from home.
It's funny I was talking to an Everton fan after the game at their place and he said almost the same thing about us not being pretty to watch and I looked at him......

DontLookBackInAnger said:
I agree City won't cancel the loan deal, but I would say the chances of Everton signing him are almost nil, if he is successful with you next season his market value will go up and don't forget assuming that success leads to Everton finishing above City there is every chance that Hughes will be fired(as it would mean a 6th place finish, or worse).

We cant afford Jo or we would have already bought him. Chances are barring miracles this time next year we still wont be able to afford him. Still think it was strange that hughes decided to loan him to a direct competitor anyway.......

Fellanis Hairdo said:
I agree City won't cancel the loan deal, but I would say the chances of Everton signing him are almost nil, if he is successful with you next season his market value will go up and don't forget assuming that success leads to Everton finishing above City there is every chance that Hughes will be fired(as it would mean a 6th place finish, or worse).

We cant afford Jo or we would have already bought him. Chances are barring miracles this time next year we still wont be able to afford him. Still think it was strange that hughes decided to loan him to a direct competitor anyway.......
I think it just shows how much Hughes doesn't want him at the club. It's win win for the fans though, if he is successful Everton have a good chance of finishing above us and we can get a new manager and we will have a successful forward to lead the attack, if he is not chances are we will finish above you guys.

Fellanis Hairdo said:

You're not the only one of that opinion. The only advantage is that he gets Premiership experience, I'd have preferred him loaned abroad.

Could well be a pre agreed price should he be sucessful and we want to sell.

johnmc said:

Could well be a pre agreed price should he be sucessful and we want to sell.
As I understand it there is no fee and indeed Everton aren't even covering his full wages, should that all be true that would make it one of the worst deals in modern football history

If there is a price it will be what we paid _ £18 million as last season.

I keep saying this but they have paid no loan , fee , only half his wages and no effect on other deals so why would they have a cheap buy option. No chance that will have happened.

Anyway they havent strengthened so with bad injuries to key players they are certainly going backwards. We will see but considering they only have 2 fit centre halfs and one of them dosnt want to be at the club, anymore injuries and they could be stuffed.

alera said:
If there is a price it will be what we paid _ £18 million as last season.

I keep saying this but they have paid no loan , fee , only half his wages and no effect on other deals so why would they have a cheap buy option. No chance that will have happened.

Maybe because he wasnt worth what you paid for him? I seem to remember that we were linked with him before he signed for you and figures of around £10million we talked about.

Having seen him play there is no way on earth that Jo is worth £18m. £8m maybe - so that is why there may be a cheaper option to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.