Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
dontshootme if hes not listening your not reading, this is a lescott thread? stick to the point, we all know the facts now, you wanna keep him,we wanna buy him ALLEGEDLY he wants to go.note allegedly.. ..and to be honest they say trouble starts from refereeing decisions, when i see the bitterness thrown in both directions here? sad to see, seen it on efc`s forum and on this 1... at the end of the day its just a player and a game.. keep it real

Well plenty of people on a West Ham forum seem to think we are signing Upson so thats the end of that.

Unsettled and unhappy Lescott if that is the case !

alera said:
Well plenty of people on a West Ham forum seem to think we are signing Upson so thats the end of that.

I'd be a bit disappointed with Upson over Lescott, even though he'd probably be the best part of £10m cheaper!

In all honesty, if we can't get Lescott, I don't see another viable option (good enough and available) in the Premiership. If Lescott isn't coming we should be looking to Europe for our replacement, I just wonder whether Hughes will be happy to come out of the comfort zone he's found for himself and buy unproven Premiership players.

Matty said:
alera said:

I'd be a bit disappointed with Upson over Lescott, even though he'd probably be the best part of £10m cheaper!

In all honesty, if we can't get Lescott, I don't see another viable option (good enough and available) in the Premiership. If Lescott isn't coming we should be looking to Europe for our replacement, I just wonder whether Hughes will be happy to come out of the comfort zone he's found for himself and buy unproven Premiership players.

I agree mate, with the money we have and bearing in mind Hughes has bought Zabaleta, Kompany and De Jong from Europe I would have thought he'd have no problems finding a top class CB. Like you say he seems to have found a comfort zone of signing premiership players. Someone posted on here a while ago saying that it may be because Hughes' job may be on the line soon if the players don't gel so he's minimising the risk by getting in proven prem players, it makes sense but I'd like to think Hughes has more faith in his own ability than that.

It has probably been posted already but Jo was at the game v celtic on sat. I presume everton didn't have a game. Was still a bit odd for him to be there though considering he was allegedly one of the "personalities" who caused some friction amongst the squad and management.

Upson is quality Liverpool and Arsenal have both considered him over the last couple of seasons but been quoted too much given his age.

Hes as good as Lescott just 4 years older we will still get 3 or 4 seasons at the highest level out of him at least if he stays injury free.

Its a stop gap at the end of the day, I dont blame Hughes for going for proven quality if he doesnt get top 6 this season hes history and unlikley to get another top job again so no margin for error.

Boots_ said:
It has probably been posted already but Jo was at the game v celtic on sat. I presume everton didn't have a game. Was still a bit odd for him to be there though considering he was allegedly one of the "personalities" who caused some friction amongst the squad and management.

Yeah I saw Jo coming out of the main entrance after the match, was weird that he was there. Some bloke shouted at him 'Tell Lescott to get signed up' or something like that. He didn't react to it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.