Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sun

SYLVAIN DISTIN could be set for a shock return to Manchester City after the Blues refused to be held to ransom over Matthew Upson.
Super-rich City have still not given up hope of signing their top target Joleon Lescott from Everton, despite the Toffees snubbing bids of £15million and £19m.

But the Eastlands outfit have also been working on their Plan B and held talks with West Ham over the weekend about Upson.

City were put off by the Hammers' £15m price tag for the England centre-half, 30.

Other clubs looking at Upson have been quoted £10m so City have turned to former skipper Distin, who joined Portsmouth two years ago on a free.

Cash-strapped Pompey want £6million for the 31-year-old, who has admitted he would love to rejoin City.

But City still hope a deal can be done for Lescott, 26, despite the tough stance taken by Everton manager David Moyes and chairman Bill Kenwright all summer.

alera said:
I cant see it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2580767/City-eye-Sylva-lining.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... R=Football</a>

That article says city still have hope.

the sun also says that we still want to lend lescott.. trust me if it wernt possible we would not still be going for him.

Failsworth_Blue said:
So we've got the Daily Mail saying Lescott, the guardian saying Upson and the sun saying Distin

And neither with any quotes. Just 'Sportsmail understands..'

Still not convinced we'll get Lescott. Moyes is gonna look a prat if we get him for less than £30m and he strikes me as being a stubborn twat.

Son Of Blue said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
So we've got the Daily Mail saying Lescott, the guardian saying Upson and the sun saying Distin

Still not convinced we'll get Lescott. Moyes is gonna look a prat if we get him for less than £30m and he strikes me as being a stubborn twat.

I completely agree and can't see Everton accepting £20mil after all thats been said

That article says city still have hope.

Yea I was just posting that as its giving another option. BAsically as before its all up in the fucking air. Still think Everton are yanking our chain. West Ham can go fuck themselves though £10 million for other clubs £15 million for us. We walked on several deals when clubs tried to rip us off. They would get no more than £8 million from anyone else. £10 million is fair, they shouldnt have been greedy they could end up taking less than we offered for him now.

At the end of the day, Moyes trys to come across as this hard man proud scott that wont be pushed around. If he ends up selling to us for £22 million ish after all the crap he has said it would be pretty humiliating. Their fans would never trust a word he said regarding transfers again.

Son Of Blue said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

I wouldn't say Moyes was being stubborn. When it was reported that Everton wanted Ned in a swap deal and Barca wanted Kompany last week, I got that SWP sinking feeling all over again and it wasn't nice!

Moyes is just doing the best for his club as any manager would and what we'd expect our manager to do.

If you were in Moyes's position, wouldn't you do the same?

I think the press should be held liable for most of the crap they print .

A - Lescott is not for sale and Everton target further transfers .
B - Moyes issued his statement in order to keep prices down for our targets and will actually sell him once he has them in place .
C - If it's B , then Moyes loses credibility , so really can't see this happening .

Getting bored of it all now , and it's not good for our teams mind set going into Arsenal .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.