Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darker shade of Blue said:
I think the press should be held liable for most of the crap they print .

A - Lescott is not for sale and Everton target further transfers .
B - Moyes issued his statement in order to keep prices down for our targets and will actually sell him once he has them in place .
C - If it's B , then Moyes loses credibility , so really can't see this happening .

Getting bored of it all now , and it's not good for our teams mind set going into Arsenal .

It's not too often the Mail says stuff with such certainty and they've definitely got a solid contact at City so I'm actually quite hopeful now.

I wouldn't say Moyes was being stubborn. When it was reported that Everton wanted Ned in a swap deal and Barca wanted Kompany last week, I got that SWP sinking feeling all over again and it wasn't nice!

Moyes is just doing the best for his club as any manager would and what we'd expect our manager to do.

If you were in Moyes's position, wouldn't you do the same?

Of course but you can only swim against the current for so long, if the player wants to leave and has such a good opportunity what can you do ?

Will be interesting Lescott turning up to England, sat down with Bridges and Barry I can see it now.

Barry - "So how come you are not comming to city ?"

Lescott - "Moyes said he wont sell at any price"

Barry - "So they are paying you £35k a week and city are offering you £100k a week......"

Lescott - "Apparently so, he said I cant leave"

Barry - "You must be fucking mad. I was at Villa for 12 years and doubled my money comming here"

Ouch......Love of the club blah bvlah blha. Its his job, its his career he has a family. Money talks, bullshit runs the marathon.

I think Moyes n co are making sure that if/when the player leaves they can say it was completely on him and they did everything they could to make him stay.

City will have a left sided CB by the end of the week, this much I'm sure of.

Sorry if already posted

Manchester City expect to have Joleon Lescott playing for them in time for the big kick-off on Saturday, taking Mark Hughes’ spending this summer past £100million.

City believe their final offer of £20m plus add-ons for the England defender will be accepted by Everton, who remain unhappy with their North West rivals.

Sportsmail believes the transfer will be completed in the next 36 hours.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-1205668/EXCLUSIVE-Manchester-City-boss-Mark-Hughes-closes-20m-deal-Joleon-Lescott.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0Np91FoRX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/a ... z0Np91FoRX</a>

Put it this way if it happens after all the rubbish Moyes has come out with I would be amazed.

On paper it looked like a sure thing with the money we were offering to Everton and the player. Seemed like a much easier deal than say Barry, or Tevez. Even Toure or Adabayor consiering they were starting 111 players for a top 4 side (And we did not pay that much for them in comparison for the type of players and experience)

Then Moyes and Kenright went lunatic fringe and came out with all this crap. It seems impossible to me they would backtrack to such an extent.

Robinho11 said:
I dunno

if city are offering 22 to 25 that is at least 6-7 mill more than before.

City will not go over 20m they are pretty strong about this. 18m rising to 20m.

We offered £19 million and the fee bein g touted now is maybe £20 million with 2 or 3 million in add ons.....Not much of a difference.

Why would they come out with all that crap, play him then sell a couple of days before the season starts with little time to bring in new players.

THat would be insane.

_46185434_moyes226_pa.jpg

He's looking more like Gollum every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.