Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
never thought i'd be posting on this thread again, thought it was dead and buried, im still pretty pesamistic about it tbh, cant see everton agreeing to this now with 4 days til they play arsenal leaving just yobo as there only fit CB, unless they have there own target(s) lined up. if its £20mil thats ok, i dont wanna know what the add on's are, i imagine they make the deal £30mil in the end (which is too much imo) but least i suppose its a sort of compramise on cost!

Just cannt see it happening....its probably just a slow news daya nd the sports writers are bored so decided to try and revive an old story

Moyes and Kenwright would lose too much face if they sold now.

The ONLY way this will happen is if Lescott hands in a written transfer request.....and i dont think he will....why would he...Everton finished much higher than us last season, are playing in europe this season and have a good solid squad capable of challenging the for top 5-6 places again.

We on the other hand hare a complete unknown quantity at present time (even to the most loyal fans and MH and his coaches).......we do not know how the team will gell or if they will. It is a big roisk for lescott especially with the world cup coming up next year

simon23 said:
Just cannt see it happening....its probably just a slow news daya nd the sports writers are bored so decided to try and revive an old story

The ONLY way this will happen is if Lescott hands in a written transfer request.....and i dont think he will....why would he...Everton finished much higher than us last season, are playing in europe this season and have a good solid squad capable of challenging the for top 5-6 places again.

We on the other hand hare a complete unknown quantity at present time (even to the most loyal fans and MH and his coaches).......we do not know how the team will gell or if they will. It is a big roisk for lescott especially with the world cup coming up next year

Can't you guess?

Dont think there is much in this story to be honest, Everton have been adament that Lescott will not be sold yet the Mail think they have all of a sudden caved in for a poxy £2 million more than our previous bid that they rejected out of hand? Nah sorry not having that at all! This will only happen if Lescott hands in a written transfer request and makes his feelings public, he seems reluctant to do this so I think he will remain at Everton!

simon23 said:

I'm not sure about that really...are we such an unknown quantity? All the pundits and certainly the fans are very hopeful of a top 6 finish with many high profile pundits and managers from around the world not ruling out a challenge to the top 4.

maybe he already has handed in a request? remember most of city`s transfers have been hush hush this summer till the last minute!!

simon23 said:

I've said this all along, and didn't think this thread would still be open to comment! Even if he hands in a request though it still doesn't matter as he's under contract. I was actually thinking about this last night, and I do admire Moyes' stance on it. Alot of managers would have buckled by now, but his stubbornness is admirable and in the long run I believe it will be a blessing in disguise because even though the money is all relative, given how filthy rich the owners' are, it will be a dangerous precident if we pay £15m more than a players' worth. ALL targets from lescott onwards will automatically go up by that amount if we are sniffing around. Like I say its all relative, but I would much prefer see us do things 'properly' and not just launch £15m more than a player is actually worth. Many would disagree, but I think that we have paid either bang on the nose or maybe just slightly inflated prices so far, and we have done well, but to pay £30m for a £15m player would be ridiculous in my eyes. As you say though, I can't see it happening either as Moyes has come way too far to just lose face now.

C_T_I_D said:
CosmicScouser said:
You poor, deluded fools. You lot really will believe anything won't you?

Yawn...we'll see who has the last laugh come August 31st and it'll be us anyway cos if we don't buy him you'll end up with an unhappy player anyway.

Yawn.. Lets see who has the left laugh at the end of the season. There are no prizes awarded in August..................and we still dont know for certain that Lescott is unhappy, its all hearsay

I just can't see this one coming off after all Neverton's self-indulgent posturing these lase few weeks - they'd be made to look spineless and lacking direction, which I don't think Moyes' monstrous ego will allow him to be portrayed as.

Of course, JL handing in a transfer requeat would change the complexion of this one completely - but I agree that this is unlikely to happen.

If we're going for a 2nd choice Premiership experienced stop-gap, with Upson at £15 million and Distin at £6-8 million, I'd rather go for the latter as he's cheaper and has a better injury record - then look for a more long-term solution next summer

OrigamiNinja said:
Dont think there is much in this story to be honest, Everton have been adament that Lescott will not be sold yet the Mail think they have all of a sudden caved in for a poxy £2 million more than our previous bid that they rejected out of hand? Nah sorry not having that at all! This will only happen if Lescott hands in a written transfer request and makes his feelings public, he seems reluctant to do this so I think he will remain at Everton!
i agree but the mail article actually puts a time frame on the deal stating 36 hours! which is strange, i think he may have handed in his transfer request, it also says city got encouragement a deal could still be done on monday.........dont know what that could be apart from jolean telling the city lads at england training something, the plot thickens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.