Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellanis Hairdo said:
OrigamiNinja said:
Thats just it though isnt it, Everton can challenge for 5th/6th but thats as good as it gets at Goodison! Yes they have breached the top 4 once a few years back and they may occasionally breach it again every now and again but they will never be regulars in the top 4. City on the other hand have the finances to not only break into the top 4 but also to stay there as well, when City end a season in the top 4 the aim the season after will be to win the league, it wont be to try and finish in the top 4 again like Evertons would be.

People can talk about money all they like, I think it makes them feel better but the fact is City have infinitely more potential than any club in English and quite possibly European and World football and unless you are already at a Champions League club who is challenging for titles and European honours now then for me it is as clear as day that City is the club you want to be at!

LMAO infinitely more potential than United, Real Madrid, Barcelona? I you wonder why the rest of football is looking a city fans and wondering if you are all on drugs!

Who's laughing? The WHOLE WORLD?

The guy was talking about financial clout and if your talking about financial clout then YES we have more potential than the ones you've mentioned....I'm embarrassed I had to tell you that.

Yes we get carried away with ourselves sometimes and thats understandable, but we get carried away with ourselves on a MANCHESTER CITY FORUM and I'd much rather be silly with excitement than a knob on another teams forum full on bitterness and loosed tongue.

wrongun73 said:
Fellanis Hairdo said:
LMAO infinitely more potential than United, Real Madrid, Barcelona? I you wonder why the rest of football is looking a city fans and wondering if you are all on drugs!

yes you thick scouse ****, more potential. that means we could be world beaters over time, where the others you mentioned already are!
do you understand what potential means, or are you just as stupid as most other in breds from the wrong end of the east lancs. lol

Yes potential is based on what you have got now against where you could be. No doubt that city have got good potential at the moment, but certainly not more than the clubs who are all ready performing at a high level. At the moment you have bought some very good players who have never played together before so the idea that you are going to turn into world beaters - you have missed you on virtually all of your top targets Kaka, Eto and now Lescott.

Good to see that you are all grown up on this board.

For the record I'm not down the east lancs, I'm sat in an office on salford quays were all the city fans around me think you lot are a total joke

Fellanis Hairdo said:
wrongun73 said:
yes you thick scouse ****, more potential. that means we could be world beaters over time, where the others you mentioned already are!
do you understand what potential means, or are you just as stupid as most other in breds from the wrong end of the east lancs. lol

Yes potential is based on what you have got now against where you could be. No doubt that city have got good potential at the moment, but certainly not more than the clubs who are all ready performing at a high level. At the moment you have bought some very good players who have never played together before so the idea that you are going to turn into world beaters - you have missed you on virtually all of your top targets Kaka, Eto and now Lescott.

For the record I'm not down the east lancs, I'm sat in an office on salford quays were all the city fans around me think you lot are a total joke

im afraid the ex players and other football people who have expressed the opinion that city could well win the league in the next few years know a bit more than a scouse knob head sat in an office trying to wind fans of another team up about the dynamics of a football club.
as for your city fan 'friends', the joke is on them if they agree with you that everton are and will remain supirior to us...hahaha

Fellanis Hairdo said:
wrongun73 said:

Oh dear......And what do we have?????? THe thing that has won this Premiership every bleeding year MONEY!!!!!!!!

And potential isn't based on what you currently have it's based on what you could have, thats why it's called potential and not Bitter blu scouse.

Grown up!!! You threw the first insult.

Fellanis Hairdo said:

You don't work in Manchester you are surfing the web down the dole office. Go on. Fuck off. You have nothing of interest to say.

We don't give a flying fuck about your team...go on a forum that cares..

Will Lescott join, won't Lescott join? At this point I'm virtually past caring, it's dragged on for so long now I'm bored with the whole thing.

Whatever DSOB or Fellanis Hairdo say though, if it gets to September and Lescott is still an Everton player then he's missed a major step in his career, possibly forever. I'm not just talking financially, although he'll NEVER get the opportunity earn what City would have offered him again in his career, I'm talking professionally from a football perspective. The Evertonians on here argue how Everton currently are, and over the past few seasons have been, better than City on the pitch. Whereas we can argue about currently the past is obvious, they were. Even if I accept Everton are still better than us (which I don't) we're still talking short term, one season. Next season I'd wager good money we'll have a better squad than Everton, and for every subsequent season. We've got the cash to build a Champion's League level squad, Everton quite simply don't.

If Lescott choses to remain at Everton he's chosing to turn his back on a huge wage increase and the very real prospect of regular Champion's League football and challenging for trophies, for me that shows a lack of ambition and makes Lescott a player who wouldn't fit in at City anyway. If Moyes refuses to allow Lescott to join City then Lescott will, quite rightly, be pissed. All the opportunities he would have had being a City player will be gone to him, probably forever as next Summer I would suspect we wouldn't want to get into this saga again. Moyes would have, essentially, put a huge block on Lescott's career, preventing him from achieving what every player ultimately wants, trophies alongside financial gain.

There's no way, whatever the outcome of this transfer saga, Everton come out winners. Even if it's Lescott who doesn't want to leave that puts Everton in the position where they've lost out on £20m, in the short term keeping Lescott might seem like a victory (and I'm sure DSOB and Fellanis Hairdo will present it as such) but in the longer term (and I'm not talking years here, I'm talking months) it will become clear it isn't. Everton are not flush with cash, they are struggling to add players simply because the quality they're after is falling outside their price structure. With £20m they could do what they did with Rooney and use the funds to add several players, without it they are stuck with loan deals and missing out on players to Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.