Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluemoon115 said:
PSmyth07 said:
Now that they have rejected the transfer request, I wouldn't be surprised if the Everton fans dislike him now.

I reckon this will go to deadline day.

Thats what a lot of Scousers are scared of, that we'll sign him in Rooney style, which will leave them with no time to spend the fee, and by the time Jan comes around the money has disapeared to Kenwrights back pocket.

all the more reason for this to be completed soon ....... Hopefully

CosmicScouser said:
simon23 said:
cosmic scouser.....

why do you think he will go to arsenal next season?....part of the reported senderos deal????

No. Just that Wenger has shown interest in him in the past and now he has made a formal transfer request, his long term future at Everton is untenable. I think Moyes is so pissed with City that he'd rather sell him for a few million less to another club. It's like the Barry-Liverpool situation. Mark my words

I'm sure Kenright will rubber stamp this. Less money to stroke Moyes ego. Do me an F'ing favour

[/quote]
How do you get to that conclusion?[/quote]
because he said it would happen eventually,The Lescott deal is very much sorted regarding the player, but Everton ( Moyles) are playing hard ball about the fee, having orginally agreeing a fee, they now keep moving the goal posts. ( fees/players) This deal will happen its just a case of when not if.

Timbobs said:
CosmicScouser said:
Let this be on record - Lescott will never play for City. He will remain at Everton this season and probably sold to Arsenal next season

* Never is a very long time
* "Probably" is not a very confident word
* "Arsenal" is a team who would not offer the most money, and you, a jealous Everton fan, should want the best for your cash needing club. So what you're saying, you want LESS money for Everton to make the team stronger when in reality they will fall more behind the top four......and Arsenal.

That is all
It just goes to show you exactly why Lescott wants to leave, Everton and their fans know they are at their peak, 5th and a losing cup final that's your lot if you come to Everton.

CosmicScouser said:
simon23 said:
cosmic scouser.....

why do you think he will go to arsenal next season?....part of the reported senderos deal????

No. Just that Wenger has shown interest in him in the past and now he has made a formal transfer request, his long term future at Everton is untenable. I think Moyes is so pissed with City that he'd rather sell him for a few million less to another club. It's like the Barry-Liverpool situation. Mark my words

pmsl at cosmicscouser. Mark my words. lol

How do you get to that conclusion?[/quote]
because he said it would happen eventually, Spursmad:The Lescott deal is very much sorted regarding the player, but Everton ( Moyles) are playing hard ball about the fee, having orginally agreeing a fee, they now keep moving the goal posts. ( fees/players) This deal will happen its just a case of when not if. [/quote]

johnny crossan said:
City Raider said:
at least now we know who he wants to play for

Can anybody think of recent comparable precedents for this situation? I think the received wisdom is that once a player makes it public that he wants to go, he usually does.
Alonso mate

What on Everton web site is:
Moyes Stands Firm Over Transfers
by Craig Davies | Saturday 8 August 2009, 09:14
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/moyes-stands-firm-over-transfers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/m ... sfers.html</a>

But wasn't our last bid just went in this week according to the Mail?
City privately decalred the move all but dead over the weekend, but it is understood
they were given encouragement on Monday afternoon and are now hopeful of having the player in their line-up to face Blackburn.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1205668/EXCLUSIVE-Manchester-City-boss-Mark-Hughes-closes-20m-deal-Joleon-Lescott.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... scott.html</a>

CosmicScouser said:
simon23 said:
cosmic scouser.....

I'll give them a mark - 0/10. Two minutes ago you were telling us he'd never leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.