Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
markbmcfc said:
Give Toffee a break fellas, every fan thinks there team is better than it actually is. We are the same, especially last year. Some of us wanted Hughes out because we didnt finish in the top 6, we didnt finish there because better teams did.

We know Everton's strike force is average at best and I wouldnt swap ours with any other in the league, but its arrogant to take the piss. We've been where Everton are, with no money and an average team, lets give them some respect.

Toffee - understandably you support your club and will defend it if you receive critiscm, but a City forum isnt the best place to talk up your strikeforce, given how much better ours is, perhaps talking up your defence would have been a better idea.

100% agree.
we used to convince ourselves samaras was a world beater !
anyway i agree these everton discussions shouldnt take place in a city forum
 
Lescott link has gone very quiet, thought we'd have had some news this week as season is fast approaching!!
 
CITYROBBO said:
Lescott link has gone very quiet, thought we'd have had some news this week as season is fast approaching!!

I think (for what it's worth) that your all out for Terry at the mo....once that is dead, Lescott will be done with a couple of days.

The closer to the season it gets, the more you will pay, like that will bother your board in the slightest, Weather we want £30 Million or not !
 
CITYROBBO said:
Lescott link has gone very quiet, thought we'd have had some news this week as season is fast approaching!!

I reckon MH wants to focus on winning the Vodacom cup now. Things might start to pick up again next week... Think both Lescott and JT comes back to England next week as well!
 
the--dud said:
CITYROBBO said:
Lescott link has gone very quiet, thought we'd have had some news this week as season is fast approaching!!

I reckon MH wants to focus on winning the Vodacom cup now. Things might start to pick up again next week... Think both Lescott and JT comes back to England next week as well!

yeah, think they are both back then so hopefully we'll know one way or the other by then. I hope we get Terry, but don't think we will and I'm hugely underwhelmed we're in for Lescott especially at the amount of money being mentioned. He scores alot of goals for a defender, fair enough but with the amount of strikers and attacking midfielders we have I'm hoping this won't be too much of a problem. On the ball he looks sluggish, he's hardly the ball carrying, sweeper type that most top teams have to link defence and midfield (Rio, Carvalho, Gallas etc) he's also not the quickest either. Imagine Lescott paired with Terry faced with Agbonlahor, Rooney or someone like through on the counter attack, can't see either of those two getting anywhere near them. If we spend 20+ million on Lescott I think we could get someone far better from Europe for that. But I think Mark Hughes wants proven Premier League hence the reasoning for Lescott.
 
Ok I said I wouldn't post on here again but here's a little snippet from an interview with David Moyes today:

DAVID MOYES today revealed he is stepping up his search for a new defender – but not for the reason Evertonians have been fearing.

Though Manchester City continue to covet Joleon Lescott, their pursuit of the England international is destined to be fruitless as Moyes has absolutely no intentions of selling.

The only thing on the manager’s mind at present is adding to his numbers and bringing in a centre-half is top of the list of requirements.

With Phil Jagielka still a long way from returning from injury, Moyes needs cover for Lescott and Joseph Yobo, meaning he and his scouting staff are scouring Europe for the right option.

“We have got a decent team but we have a concern as we’ve only got two centre-backs at the club just now,” said Moyes, whose side face River Plate in Edmonton in the early hours of Sunday.

“That means I am going to have to add a central defender. It’s a priority – we don’t have cover at left-back either.

“Joleon could cover for Leighton Baines but we just don’t have the options to do that at the minute. There is a shortage there as well".


It doesn't say much but sounds like he doesn't have any intention of letting Lescott go.

Read in to it as much or as little as you like, thought i'd post it though so you could have someone at least posting something Lescott related.

Apologies if its already been posted by someone else but i'm not reading through endless pages to double check.

I'm leaving again now (again).

Bye :)
 
Bellamy's Caddy said:
the--dud said:
I reckon MH wants to focus on winning the Vodacom cup now. Things might start to pick up again next week... Think both Lescott and JT comes back to England next week as well!

yeah, think they are both back then so hopefully we'll know one way or the other by then. I hope we get Terry, but don't think we will and I'm hugely underwhelmed we're in for Lescott especially at the amount of money being mentioned. He scores alot of goals for a defender, fair enough but with the amount of strikers and attacking midfielders we have I'm hoping this won't be too much of a problem. On the ball he looks sluggish, he's hardly the ball carrying, sweeper type that most top teams have to link defence and midfield (Rio, Carvalho, Gallas etc) he's also not the quickest either. Imagine Lescott paired with Terry faced with Agbonlahor, Rooney or someone like through on the counter attack, can't see either of those two getting anywhere near them. If we spend 20+ million on Lescott I think we could get someone far better from Europe for that. But I think Mark Hughes wants proven Premier League hence the reasoning for Lescott.
dont forget the new 6 + 5 rule, also Im sure MH is thinking of taking a decent player from each of the top 1-6 thus strengthening us and weakening them in the process.
 
M8 that a is a tenuous link at best, going to new levels there to try and convicne yourself he is staying.
 
ToffeeAndy said:
Ok I said I wouldn't post on here again but here's a little snippet from an interview with David Moyes today:

DAVID MOYES today revealed he is stepping up his search for a new defender – but not for the reason Evertonians have been fearing.

Though Manchester City continue to covet Joleon Lescott, their pursuit of the England international is destined to be fruitless as Moyes has absolutely no intentions of selling.

The only thing on the manager’s mind at present is adding to his numbers and bringing in a centre-half is top of the list of requirements.

With Phil Jagielka still a long way from returning from injury, Moyes needs cover for Lescott and Joseph Yobo, meaning he and his scouting staff are scouring Europe for the right option.

“We have got a decent team but we have a concern as we’ve only got two centre-backs at the club just now,” said Moyes, whose side face River Plate in Edmonton in the early hours of Sunday.

“That means I am going to have to add a central defender. It’s a priority – we don’t have cover at left-back either.

“Joleon could cover for Leighton Baines but we just don’t have the options to do that at the minute. There is a shortage there as well".


It doesn't say much but sounds like he doesn't have any intention of letting Lescott go.

Read in to it as much or as little as you like, thought i'd post it though so you could have someone at least posting something Lescott related.

Apologies if its already been posted by someone else but i'm not reading through endless pages to double check.

I'm leaving again now (again).

Bye :)
Once Lescott has signed ;) Im sure MH will loan you Garrido.
 
the--dud said:
CITYROBBO said:
Lescott link has gone very quiet, thought we'd have had some news this week as season is fast approaching!!

I reckon MH wants to focus on winning the Vodacom cup now. Things might start to pick up again next week... Think both Lescott and JT comes back to England next week as well!

Yeah MH wants to win a cup, after all the players only come here for the silverware.
 
frankisskint said:
ToffeeAndy said:
Ok I said I wouldn't post on here again but here's a little snippet from an interview with David Moyes today:

DAVID MOYES today revealed he is stepping up his search for a new defender – but not for the reason Evertonians have been fearing.

Though Manchester City continue to covet Joleon Lescott, their pursuit of the England international is destined to be fruitless as Moyes has absolutely no intentions of selling.

The only thing on the manager’s mind at present is adding to his numbers and bringing in a centre-half is top of the list of requirements.

With Phil Jagielka still a long way from returning from injury, Moyes needs cover for Lescott and Joseph Yobo, meaning he and his scouting staff are scouring Europe for the right option.

“We have got a decent team but we have a concern as we’ve only got two centre-backs at the club just now,” said Moyes, whose side face River Plate in Edmonton in the early hours of Sunday.

“That means I am going to have to add a central defender. It’s a priority – we don’t have cover at left-back either.

“Joleon could cover for Leighton Baines but we just don’t have the options to do that at the minute. There is a shortage there as well".


It doesn't say much but sounds like he doesn't have any intention of letting Lescott go.

Read in to it as much or as little as you like, thought i'd post it though so you could have someone at least posting something Lescott related.

Apologies if its already been posted by someone else but i'm not reading through endless pages to double check.

I'm leaving again now (again).

Bye :)
Once Lescott has signed ;) Im sure MH will loan you Garrido.


Off topic, but this is Garridos bathtub. Saw it when I was on stadium tour i march

file.php
 
ToffeeAndy said:
Ok I said I wouldn't post on here again but here's a little snippet from an interview with David Moyes today:

DAVID MOYES today revealed he is stepping up his search for a new defender – but not for the reason Evertonians have been fearing.

Though Manchester City continue to covet Joleon Lescott, their pursuit of the England international is destined to be fruitless as Moyes has absolutely no intentions of selling.

The only thing on the manager’s mind at present is adding to his numbers and bringing in a centre-half is top of the list of requirements.

With Phil Jagielka still a long way from returning from injury, Moyes needs cover for Lescott and Joseph Yobo, meaning he and his scouting staff are scouring Europe for the right option.

“We have got a decent team but we have a concern as we’ve only got two centre-backs at the club just now,” said Moyes, whose side face River Plate in Edmonton in the early hours of Sunday.

“That means I am going to have to add a central defender. It’s a priority – we don’t have cover at left-back either.

“Joleon could cover for Leighton Baines but we just don’t have the options to do that at the minute. There is a shortage there as well".


It doesn't say much but sounds like he doesn't have any intention of letting Lescott go.

Read in to it as much or as little as you like, thought i'd post it though so you could have someone at least posting something Lescott related.

Apologies if its already been posted by someone else but i'm not reading through endless pages to double check.

I'm leaving again now (again).

Bye :)
im sure moyes has no intentions of selling lescott, but if we give you a price kenwright feels is to good to turn down then we get our man. and dont come back saying its 100% down to moyes, moyes is a good manager but he has nothing to do with the pricing of players, like most managers he'd like to think he does but no manager does! at the end of the day it sounds an arrogant thing to say but money DOES talk, i seem to remember hughes stating corluka wasn't for sale . . . . . . . . .few weeks later he'd gone, and we'd found are replacement in that time. please stick to your words this time and f**k off
 
Lomas has a lob on said:
ToffeeAndy said:
Ok I said I wouldn't post on here again but here's a little snippet from an interview with David Moyes today:

DAVID MOYES today revealed he is stepping up his search for a new defender – but not for the reason Evertonians have been fearing.

Though Manchester City continue to covet Joleon Lescott, their pursuit of the England international is destined to be fruitless as Moyes has absolutely no intentions of selling.

The only thing on the manager’s mind at present is adding to his numbers and bringing in a centre-half is top of the list of requirements.

With Phil Jagielka still a long way from returning from injury, Moyes needs cover for Lescott and Joseph Yobo, meaning he and his scouting staff are scouring Europe for the right option.

“We have got a decent team but we have a concern as we’ve only got two centre-backs at the club just now,” said Moyes, whose side face River Plate in Edmonton in the early hours of Sunday.

“That means I am going to have to add a central defender. It’s a priority – we don’t have cover at left-back either.

“Joleon could cover for Leighton Baines but we just don’t have the options to do that at the minute. There is a shortage there as well".


It doesn't say much but sounds like he doesn't have any intention of letting Lescott go.

Read in to it as much or as little as you like, thought i'd post it though so you could have someone at least posting something Lescott related.

Apologies if its already been posted by someone else but i'm not reading through endless pages to double check.

I'm leaving again now (again).

Bye :)
im sure moyes has no intentions of selling lescott, but if we give you a price kenwright feels is to good to turn down then we get our man. and dont come back saying its 100% down to moyes, moyes is a good manager but he has nothing to do with the pricing of players, like most managers he'd like to think he does but no manager does! at the end of the day it sounds an arrogant thing to say but money DOES talk, i seem to remember hughes stating corluka wasn't for sale . . . . . . . . .few weeks later he'd gone, and we'd found are replacement in that time. please stick to your words this time and f**k off

Ok I wasn't going to post anything else, I wasn't looking for a debate or to discuss any points in the quote from Moyes I posted.

In fact you seem to have written a whole argument based on absolutely nothing!

The only reason I even posted that quote was because I thought city fans wouldn't have seen it and the last time I was on here they were complaining no-one was posting any info on Lescott!

I think the comment i've highlighted is overly harsh.

In fact i'd go as far to say your a cock of the highest order!

Don't bother replying to this as i'm not posting on here anymore. I tried to be nice and post something that was vaguely related to the lescott transfer saga and all I get is abuse from a vaginal discharge like you! Go fuck yerself!
 
1) We will pay money thats too good to refuse. [Very Likely]

2) Lescott wants to cometo play with better players. [Understandable]

2 Factors that i feel play in our favour and will make this transfer happen.
 
ToffeeAndy said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
im sure moyes has no intentions of selling lescott, but if we give you a price kenwright feels is to good to turn down then we get our man. and dont come back saying its 100% down to moyes, moyes is a good manager but he has nothing to do with the pricing of players, like most managers he'd like to think he does but no manager does! at the end of the day it sounds an arrogant thing to say but money DOES talk, i seem to remember hughes stating corluka wasn't for sale . . . . . . . . .few weeks later he'd gone, and we'd found are replacement in that time. please stick to your words this time and f**k off

Ok I wasn't going to post anything else, I wasn't looking for a debate or to discuss any points in the quote from Moyes I posted.

In fact you seem to have written a whole argument based on absolutely nothing!

The only reason I even posted that quote was because I thought city fans wouldn't have seen it and the last time I was on here they were complaining no-one was posting any info on Lescott!

I think the comment i've highlighted is overly harsh.

In fact i'd go as far to say your a cock of the highest order!

Don't bother replying to this as i'm not posting on here anymore. I tried to be nice and post something that was vaguely related to the lescott transfer saga and all I get is abuse from a vaginal discharge like you! Go fuck yerself!

He'll be back.
 
twinkletoes said:
ToffeeAndy said:
Ok I wasn't going to post anything else, I wasn't looking for a debate or to discuss any points in the quote from Moyes I posted.

In fact you seem to have written a whole argument based on absolutely nothing!

The only reason I even posted that quote was because I thought city fans wouldn't have seen it and the last time I was on here they were complaining no-one was posting any info on Lescott!

I think the comment i've highlighted is overly harsh.

In fact i'd go as far to say your a cock of the highest order!

Don't bother replying to this as i'm not posting on here anymore. I tried to be nice and post something that was vaguely related to the lescott transfer saga and all I get is abuse from a vaginal discharge like you! Go fuck yerself!

He'll be back.

He will, he keeps coming back and saying the same thing (That this is his last post)
 
Don't bother replying to this as i'm not posting on here anymore. I tried to be nice and post something that was vaguely related to the lescott transfer saga and all I get is abuse from a vaginal discharge like you! Go fuck yerself!

Thank fuck for that. Can one of the mods ban his account / ip etc now then ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

SIGN UP
Back
Top