Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton fan at work who isnt ITK, but says he knows people who know people (lol) says the deal is more or less done as Lescott is currently on £40k p/w, but were offering IRO £100k p/w.

All his mates have already accepted he's gone.

Interesting to hear it from the other side.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it's simply a fee to be agreed they believe, which they expect will be.

Matty said:
forevercity said:
time to go abroad me thinks, lescott worth 15m, 18/19m at a push.

need to find another vidic or carvalho from somewhere

I agree. I can see Hughes' plan here with buying Premiership proven talent, but with that comes a premium on the price. If Everton refuse to budge (even with lescott wishing to go) then we should move on, I'm sure for £5m - £6m less than Everton have just rejected we can go to Europe and find someone well worth a punt on. How much did Vidic cost United, it was less than £10m I think, he can't be the only player out there we could look at.
Youve got to look at who you can get for 20 million, thats a lot for a defender, that could be an opening bid for de rossi, cambiasso or breno from bayern.

Blue4ever85 said:
Everton fan at work who isnt ITK, but says he knows people who know people (lol) says the deal is more or less done as Lescott is currently on £40k p/w, but were offering IRO £100k p/w.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it's simply a fee to be agreed they believe, which they expect will be.

What Everton have to remember, regarding the fee, is that £18m is A LOT of money. Just for one second assume we don't get Lescott, and we instead look to Europe for a centre half. Now think of what standard we could get for £18m. Anyone think we'll be getting a lesser player than Lescott for that kind of price? Nope, me neither.

Blue Phil said:
Matty said:
I agree. I can see Hughes' plan here with buying Premiership proven talent, but with that comes a premium on the price. If Everton refuse to budge (even with lescott wishing to go) then we should move on, I'm sure for £5m - £6m less than Everton have just rejected we can go to Europe and find someone well worth a punt on. How much did Vidic cost United, it was less than £10m I think, he can't be the only player out there we could look at.
Youve got to look at who you can get for 20 million, thats a lot for a defender, that could be an opening bid for de rossi, cambiasso or breno from bayern.

Exactly. It's embarassing how many people think he's worth 20m. How many defenders are worth that in the prem? Not many and certainly not Lescott. Please walk away!!!!

Matty said:
Blue4ever85 said:

What Everton have to remember, regarding the fee, is that £18m is A LOT of money. Just for one second assume we don't get Lescott, and we instead look to Europe for a centre half. Now think of what standard we could get for £18m. Anyone think we'll be getting a lesser player than Lescott for that kind of price? Nope, me neither.

Yes it's alot, but it's a "City" price though isn't it.

I personally want him (because of his goals) and think we'll get him for around £22m.

Whether that's a decent price I dont know (probably not), but A) It IS a "City" price, B) Im not paying ;-p and C). City are uber-rich :D

Blue4ever85 said:
Matty said:

I personally want him (because of his goals) and think we'll get him for around £22m.

Whether that's a decent price I dont know (probably not), but A) It IS a "City" price, B) Im not paying ;-p and C). City are uber-rich :D

People just dont get it do they!!?? If we end up paying a fucking stupid ammount for a defender who has had one decent season, everytime we go to sign a player, clubs are going to think "well they paid that much for Lescott". A player that is worth probably 10 million less than you reackon he's going for. It's got nothing to do with it being a "city price". That is embarassing.

I'm really not to up on my European defenders so can't really comment but perhaps the reason we're willing to pay so much for Lescott is that between him and Barry we wouldn't need a backup for Bridge.

Add to that the fact that he's English which helps with the proposed 6+5 rule then it does make a little more sense. At the end of the day it's not like it's our money is it...

Norbit Nimrod said:
Blue4ever85 said:

People just dont get it do they!!?? If we end up paying a fucking stupid ammount for a defender who has had one decent season, everytime we go to sign a player, clubs are going to think "well they paid that much for Lescott". A player that is worth probably 10 million less than you reackon he's going for. It's got nothing to do with it being a "city price". That is embarassing.

That wouldn't really happen though would it? Not as much as your making out.

We're looking to get most of the players we need to be "top 4" THIS window.

Next window and beyond wont be like this. Maybe a massive bid for a player or something plus a youngster or two.

Unless we get injuries or are playing well shit, we wont really be after anybody.

Blue4ever85 said:
Norbit Nimrod said:

That wouldn't really happen though would it? Not as much as your making out.

We're looking to get most of the players we need to be "top 4" THIS window.

Next window and beyond wont be like this. Maybe a massive bid for a player or something plus a youngster or two.

Unless we get injuries or are playing well shit, we wont really be after anybody.

Yes I think it would happen and probably already started hapenning.

So, do you think Lescott is actually worth 22m? Do you think he is worth 6 million more than Toure. A prooven top flight premiership defender?

I'm all for a massive bid for a player. But a prooven one. Not Lescott.

UTD got Vidic for 7mil by looking at teams in Europe. Why can't we do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.