Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellanis Hairdo said:
I'm not talking about the fact that our site said we rejected them. More that the papers and the radio seem to know exactly when the bids are coming and how much they are for. And they seem to be pretty accurate. And that is not coming from our end. Classy.

I've got no doubt there has been some leaks to the press on Lescott, much like I found out about Evertons (unsuccessful) bids for Naughton and Walker in the papers.

Glass houses and all that.

Fellanis Hairdo said:
Petetheblu said:
OKAY this is for ALL the Everton fans on this Lescott thread......NO CITY'S THINK THAT WE WILL BE WINNING THE PREM THIS YEAR.

If lescott comes he takes his chance like all the others that have joined, nothings straight forward....We may win a league title in the next five years we may not (who gives a fuck we will still be here).

To be honest I will be glad when the whole shabang is over as I'm getting bored of the toffee's that are telling us daily not to be happy with our lot.....Fuck that I was happy supporting City when we had fuck all and I will be dammed if a couple of jealous bluenoses are going to stop me walking around with a big smile on my face!!!!!

I like Everton, but you lot need to stop bleating on and get on with it.....Your starting to sound like Livershite fans on the Legends show......Have some fucking dignity and get on with it, it's not like your team are all youth team players is it, you must of got them from a struggling team below yourself (oh the shame of it!!!!!!).

Thats strange as I know plenty of city fans who are claiming that they will win the league this year and champions league next.

As a scouser living in Manchester I always sided with the City fans when the United lot started bleating on. It was like you were proper football fans with opinions that were sound a relevant. Now those same people are going on and on and on.You may have money but you havent won anything yet and dont talk to me about dignity. Its not us that are doing our transfer bids vis the tabloid press.

FUCK SAKE are we married......YOU CHANGED!!!!

So a couple of lads have said that they "think we will win the league" .It's called banter and beside why should'nt we rejoice in a while.

Something most of you lads will never understand (although you had a few, but not as regular as ours)is that we normally expect to be in a dog fight by the end of the season and the possibilties of this dog fight have been reduced over night, can you honestly say that you would'nt be happy yourself.

Lets face it your chances of breaking into the top four are about as good as ours, you can take that as a positive or a negative quote thats up to you.

But FFS stop your whinging on, we havn't changed.....We've just got a boob job and had our teeth whitened, but underneath.....we are still here, of course we are, we're Manchester City.

moomba said:
Fellanis Hairdo said:
I'm not talking about the fact that our site said we rejected them. More that the papers and the radio seem to know exactly when the bids are coming and how much they are for. And they seem to be pretty accurate. And that is not coming from our end. Classy.

I've got no doubt there has been some leaks to the press on Lescott, much like I found out about Evertons (unsuccessful) bids for Naughton and Walker in the papers.

Glass houses and all that.

Beat me to it moomba - how was the senderos interest also leaked - as FH states - 'classy'

Petetheblu said:
Fellanis Hairdo said:
Thats strange as I know plenty of city fans who are claiming that they will win the league this year and champions league next.

As a scouser living in Manchester I always sided with the City fans when the United lot started bleating on. It was like you were proper football fans with opinions that were sound a relevant. Now those same people are going on and on and on.You may have money but you havent won anything yet and dont talk to me about dignity. Its not us that are doing our transfer bids vis the tabloid press.

So a couple of lads have said that they "think we will win the league" .It's called banter and beside why should'nt we rejoice in a while.

Something most of you lads will never understand (although you had a few, but not as regular as ours)is that we normally expect to be in a dog fight by the end of the season and the possibilties of this dog fight have been reduced over night, can you honestly say that you would'nt be happy yourself.

Lets face it your chances of breaking into the top four are about as good as ours, you can take that as a positive or a negative quote thats up to you.

But FFS stop your whinging on, we havn't changed.....We've just got a boob job and had our teeth whitened, but underneath.....we are still here, of course we are, we're Manchester City.

LOL - good post made us laugh in the office!

Fellanis Hairdo said:
Blue Coop said:
Don't you think its weird how they announce he is injured for that game in advance.

Yet, yesterday they announced it 27 minutes before the game, After the team would have already travelled.

Yes - in all honesty I do find it strange. That said administration and informing the fans of stuff has never been our strong point.

Instead of arguing over it I think we should all just agree that none of us actually know what is going on...

Seems a sensible answer to me. Would be dissapointed if our fans got ahead of themselves, don't want to be like the Rags or Chelsea but given what we've been through over the years you should cut us some slack if some become a bit giddy.
One point that should be made clear in our defence is that in all transfer negotiations City have not sought to publicise their offer, in the case of Lescott, Everton announced that they had received and turned down an offer, similarly with Chelsea and Milan. Seems strange that they should come out in this way, when there is no need to seek such publicity. One wonders what their motives are in doing so.

Fellanis Hairdo said:
Petetheblu said:

LOL - good post made us laugh in the office!

Is that proof, to prove we havn't changed? :)

I really want this deal to happen but its dragging on like fuck ! wtf is going on ???

arggggghhh

oh and i don't want alex if this deal doesnt happen.

and it would be nice to look outside the prem for top players aswell as prem ones

Fellanis Hairdo said:
nmc said:
The bids were made public on the Official Everton site - you don't have to be Columbo to work that one out - now do you.

Of course it's coming from your end, City have a hard and fast rule, we don't do our transfer dealings in the public domain. Unfortunately, like the Kaka, Eto'o and Terry dealings, the club the player is currently contracted to has decided to make our interest public knowledge.

Why would City make this public? It doesn't help us whatsoever. From the moment it got out City have, as seems the fashion at the moment, been attacked in the media for it. Everton, on the other hand, benefit from this being public knowledge. They get to take the moral high ground, they get to state that Lescott "isn't for sale", plus when the deal inevitably does happen, they get to put the blame for it on City/Lescott. It also doesn't hurt with regards to getting a couple of extra million our of City to continually reject the bids in a very public manner.

Imagine the reaction of Evertonians if, out of the blue, it was announced City had signed Lescott. There had been nothing in the media, no-one had mentioned it, it was a complete surprise. The fans would turn on the club for "lacking ambition" and for selling Lescott whilst Jagielka is injured. They have known all along that Lescott would move on, he wants to and City will eventually offer a figure that Everton accept (possibly pushed into it by a transfer request that will be "leaked" by Everton again), this way they can take the money AND make it seem they had no option and really didn't want him to go. There's only Evertin that benefit from this being public, so why would City do it? Classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.