Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
simon23 said:
Just cannt see it happening....its probably just a slow news daya nd the sports writers are bored so decided to try and revive an old story

Moyes and Kenwright would lose too much face if they sold now.

The ONLY way this will happen is if Lescott hands in a written transfer request.....and i dont think he will....why would he...Everton finished much higher than us last season, are playing in europe this season and have a good solid squad capable of challenging the for top 5-6 places again.

We on the other hand hare a complete unknown quantity at present time (even to the most loyal fans and MH and his coaches).......we do not know how the team will gell or if they will. It is a big roisk for lescott especially with the world cup coming up next year

Disagree totally mate.

Moyes has already admitted he can't sign any players and that no-one will come.
They are paper-thin in terms of quality.Playing Sunday-Thursday-Saturday will trash their squad this season-like it did to us last year.
Lescott would be playing with far superior players(in the main) no doubt earning far more- at a team and club well and truely on the up.

RobbieBrewer said:
simon23 said:
Just cannt see it happening....its probably just a slow news daya nd the sports writers are bored so decided to try and revive an old story

The ONLY way this will happen is if Lescott hands in a written transfer request.....and i dont think he will....why would he...Everton finished much higher than us last season, are playing in europe this season and have a good solid squad capable of challenging the for top 5-6 places again.

We on the other hand hare a complete unknown quantity at present time (even to the most loyal fans and MH and his coaches).......we do not know how the team will gell or if they will. It is a big roisk for lescott especially with the world cup coming up next year

Disagree totally mate.

They are paper-thin in terms of quality.Playing Sunday-Thursday-Saturday will trash their squad this season-like it did to us last year.
Lescott would be playing with far superior players(in the main) no doubt earning far more- at a team and club well and truely on the up.

Correct. We will have a lot more in the locker than Everton next season, we will have less games but the games we do have he would be almost certainly in the starting eleven. The whole world will be watching us, if we perform well he can look forward to a good World Cup. IMO.

RobbieBrewer said:
simon23 said:

Disagree totally mate.

i think your 1st point is the important 1, the only way i can see everton okaying this is if they've identified targets and simply cant afford them until they get our cash, but for this to happen i am expecting to see everton have signed a defender before we get lescott, otherwise there 4 days away from the arsenal fixture with 1 CB.

simon23 said:

Thats just it though isnt it, Everton can challenge for 5th/6th but thats as good as it gets at Goodison! Yes they have breached the top 4 once a few years back and they may occasionally breach it again every now and again but they will never be regulars in the top 4. City on the other hand have the finances to not only break into the top 4 but also to stay there as well, when City end a season in the top 4 the aim the season after will be to win the league, it wont be to try and finish in the top 4 again like Evertons would be.

People can talk about money all they like, I think it makes them feel better but the fact is City have infinitely more potential than any club in English and quite possibly European and World football and unless you are already at a Champions League club who is challenging for titles and European honours now then for me it is as clear as day that City is the club you want to be at!

skybluenorth said:
RobbieBrewer said:
Disagree totally mate.

Correct. We will have a lot more in the locker than Everton next season, we will have less games but the games we do have he would be almost certainly in the starting eleven. The whole world will be watching us, if we perform well he can look forward to a good World Cup. IMO.

Moyes hasnt said he cant sign any players and no will come in. He has said he is finding it hard (which he clearly is)

I've said before and I will say again our first eleven is equal to if not better than your first eleven - but I take your point that we are going to play more games with a tiny squad.

The stories in the mail etc are surely just reproductions of stories from the past month or so that were proved to be wrong.

I have kept changing my mind on whether Lescott would go or stay, this late in the day I cant see him leaving, any transfer request would be rejected.

OrigamiNinja said:
simon23 said:

Thats just it though isnt it, Everton can challenge for 5th/6th but thats as good as it gets at Goodison! Yes they have breached the top 4 once a few years back and they may occasionally breach it again every now and again but they will never be regulars in the top 4. City on the other hand have the finances to not only break into the top 4 but also to stay there as well, when City end a season in the top 4 the aim the season after will be to win the league, it wont be to try and finish in the top 4 again like Evertons would be.

People can talk about money all they like, I think it makes them feel better but the fact is City have infinitely more potential than any club in English and quite possibly European and World football and unless you are already at a Champions League club who is challenging for titles and European honours now then for me it is as clear as day that City is the club you want to be at!

LMAO infinitely more potential than United, Real Madrid, Barcelona? I you wonder why the rest of football is looking a city fans and wondering if you are all on drugs!

Fellanis Hairdo said:
OrigamiNinja said:

LMAO infinitely more potential than United, Real Madrid, Barcelona? I you wonder why the rest of football is looking a city fans and wondering if you are all on drugs!

Couldn't give a toss how you look at us now, it'll change sooner or later.

Fellanis Hairdo said:
OrigamiNinja said:

Whereas the rest of the world looks at Scousers and pity them because they are on drugs.

Fellanis Hairdo said:
OrigamiNinja said:

yes you thick scouse ****, more potential. that means we could be world beaters over time, where the others you mentioned already are!
do you understand what potential means, or are you just as stupid as most other in breds from the wrong end of the east lancs. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.