Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matty said:
That being the case, whether you sell Lescott or keep him, your fucked. No money to spend, plus players wanting to leave (which means they WILL leave at some point, there's no way Lescott signs a new deal, and I'd sugges Moyes' stance on this will put off other players from staying) means at some point you'll have a small squad with no real quality and no money to replace the quality that's left.

Yeah I understand at some point Lescott will want to leave, unless you lot miraculousy crash and burn somehow. But he has a few years left on his contract so we're in no rush to sell. World Cup is coming up so he will have to be performing to get in the squad.

If he goes it may be next season. The strong rumour is Bill Kenwright is waiting to see if Everton do get to move ground to Kirkby before selling his shares, hence why we haven't been taken over. If we get the green light to move stadium he will get double his money on his shares.

Here's hoping we can keep hold of Lescott and find investment.

Everton1878 said:
Evertonians want to add quality to the squad but why does that mean we have to let our best players go too? Is that some sort of unwritten law?
Yes, it's called common sense.

How do you add quality with NO MONEY? Answer, you raise money by selling a player/players. In order to get the money to add quality you need to sell someone who commands a decent fee. Sell Lescott and add quality, keep Lescott and get no quality additions.

sniff said:
you should be banned for that level of stupidity alone. i dont reckon his boss would be to happy with what he has said.

So I should trust your take on transfers over a Premiership managers views?

What are your credentials? I need to know them before I start posting your quotes and pictures on other forums.

sniff said:
Are people in Everton a little overcome with a case of the fuckwitts??

If a club buys a player from say Everton or anywhere else, do they realy think that the manager is the one who sits in the board room negotiating the deal with the other club???

The two boards decided the fee and if they sell, the manager makes a recomendation to them but he is at the end of the day a member of staff(one who is getting above his station, not sure how our board would take hughes telling the world press he runs our club)

In all cases the board contact the other clubs chaiman to get the ball rolling. Has moyes been down to Arsenal to argue how much senderos is worth??

Not every club runs it's transfer dealings in identical ways. In recent years, the European model with a "director of football" who looks after transfers has become increasingly popular; at other clubs there are board members who essentially do a "director of football" job even though that isn't their title (e.g. the Chairman does that too).

However, some clubs still run the old fashioned English structure, with the manager at the centre of everything. Everton are one of those clubs. Whether Moyes has actually been to Arsenal as part of the negotiation team isn't relevent - they would have been acting on his orders. i.e. "I'm willing to pay £5m for him, don't pay any more".

It's different at clubs where the shareholders are micromanaging in order to make a profit. At Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle, United etc, the club either pays dividends or it pays interest (essentially on behalf of its owners), so the owners half an interest in the money side as well as the football side. Everton don't do that. Every penny stays within the club. If the club sold Lescott, the money would go entirely to Moyes transfer and wage budget. So obviously, it would be pointless for Kenwright to decide on Moyes' behalf that he should sell.

I'm 100% sure Moyes would walk if any player was sold behind his back. In fact, he's said publically on many occasions (most recently at the last shareholder meeting in July) that the only demand he's ever made of his chairman is that he'll never be forced to sell a player against his will (which is different from selling a player for whom he felt he was getting a good price).

Matty said:
Everton1878 said:
Evertonians want to add quality to the squad but why does that mean we have to let our best players go too? Is that some sort of unwritten law?

How do you add quality with NO MONEY? Answer, you raise money by selling a player/players. In order to get the money to add quality you need to sell someone who commands a decent fee. Sell Lescott and add quality, keep Lescott and get no quality additions.

Or get taken over by a billionaire?

Everton1878 said:
Matty said:
That being the case, whether you sell Lescott or keep him, your fucked. No money to spend, plus players wanting to leave (which means they WILL leave at some point, there's no way Lescott signs a new deal, and I'd sugges Moyes' stance on this will put off other players from staying) means at some point you'll have a small squad with no real quality and no money to replace the quality that's left.

Yeah I understand at some point Lescott will want to leave, unless you lot miraculousy crash and burn somehow. But he has a few years left on his contract so we're in no rush to sell. World Cup is coming up so he will have to be performing to get in the squad.

If he goes it may be next season. The strong rumour is Bill Kenwright is waiting to see if Everton do get to move ground to Kirkby before selling his shares, hence why we haven't been taken over. If we get the green light to move stadium he will get double his money on his shares.

Here's hoping we can keep hold of Lescott and find investment.

No shit, he wants to leave now!

I love it how you keep posting up what GOD says but conveniently forget that the player has had enough and wants out!

Everton1878 said:
Matty said:

Or get taken over by a billionaire?

why wont any billionaire even THINK about taking everton over??

blueinsa said:
Ducado said:
Can we all calm down a bit and that includes the Everton fans, remember this is a City forum, you are allowed to debate but less of the sly digs!

And can the City fans please try and rise above it, it really is not worth getting angry about

Ok but from now on any and i mean any of them that cant help but give the usual boolox snide digs is getting reported!

You mods are going to be busy!

Not seen any digs today to be fair m8 .

Unless you mean :

City fan : Everton are crap
Everton fan : No , City are crap
City fan : Bwaaaaaah I'm telling .

That's how it normally ends up .
Anyway , the conversation today has been quite good , with both fans keeping fairly mature in their discussion . Why don't we keep it that way , and stop jumping on each other . The season starts tomorrow , and it will be a tough opening fixture for both our clubs .
A truce might be nice :o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.