Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
alera said:
If this deal does happen now I can see Moyes walking. Hes staked his reputation on Lescott staying.

Its a high risk strategy, if the player starts refusing to player or being awkard, his form suffers badly when the fans get on his back whats Moyes going to do ? Whats the chairman going to do ?

Hes made it too personal, not acting rationally, at best they can keep him until January or end of the season (when they will get a smaller fee). I dont see how thats going to benefit them at this stage.

I really dont see where Moyes is comming from at this stage unless this is purely about showing hes the boss to impress the hierachy at the Rags or elsewhere.

Agree 100% with all this^

Darker shade of Blue said:
forevercity said:
the majority of everton fans havent done anything wrong IMO. for every 100 insults they get, the give 1 back and everyone starts asking for bans/gives them more abuse and it all spirals.

IMO their views have been interesting and hope some of them can stick around for banter if lescott does come

It's good to see that there are fair minded members able to form their own opinions .
You are 100% right m8 .

agreed peace and good will to all men. even those poor debt ridden bitters at old twatford;)

blue---moon said:
Can anybody please update me on what has happened today regarding moyes' press conference? much appreciated.

Usual shite mate - its my club and I'm not selling. Did say Lescott's head had been 'twisted' by the whole situation. Slagged off Hughes and City for not going down the cozy 'glass of wine and a back-rub' Old Boys route to transfers, and for having the audacity to put a financial package (supposed to be the first step in any transfer) to the financial bods at Neverton rather than to him.

Nothing new to report

Matty said:
Everton1878 said:
Or get taken over by a billionaire?

Yeah, but if you're waiting for that to happen it could well be a long wait, how many billionaires are there that arewilling to throw their money into a bottomless pit?

Hardly a bottomless pit is it mate?

Great squad.
World class manager.
Consistent finishes with European places.
Final of the most prestigious domestic cup.

Why are we a bottomless pit?

Everton1878 said:
Matty said:
Yeah, but if you're waiting for that to happen it could well be a long wait, how many billionaires are there that arewilling to throw their money into a bottomless pit?

Great squad.
World class manager.

world class manager????....... MOYES OUT..<a class="postlink" href="http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/08-09/comment/mailbag/mailbagitem.asp?submissionID=9480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/08-09/c ... ionID=9480</a>

sniff said:
Im not suggesting in any way that everyclub deals the same. what i am suggesting is that moyes stance of contact through him was never going to happen. He complained that Hughes hadnt spoken to him about the deal?? but why would he? it clear that at city hughes and his team draws up a list of targets A, and B from what he has said in the past. The said list is handed to the chairman and his team who then enquire about the players on the list, if a deal can be reached then it Hughes has his chance to persuade the player to come to us. Now as far as i am aware that is how we have done deals with every club this season, why is Moyes getting so irrate???
So you rejected a couple of bids, that happens in football all the time you just go back with a better one. if thats whats upset you then i dont know what to suggest seen as almost every club will place bids for players whos clubs will not want to sell.

I'm not upset. I'm just making the point that at Everton, the manager makes the transfer decisions. All of them. He's said, publically and on several occasions, that's the only demand he makes of his chairman. You were making the point that the manager has no ability to block a transfer when you said "If a club buys a player from say Everton or anywhere else, do they realy think that the manager is the one who sits in the board room negotiating the deal with the other club???". At Everton, this is wrong - things go through Moyes.

I'm not having a go at City, I'm not having a go at the fans. I'm just pointing out that you were factually incorrect when you said that at every club the board makes the final decision, and the manager only advises. At Everton, Moyes oversees everything, and you branding Everton fans "fuckwitts" for stating something which is actually true is a bit harsh.

bluevengence said:
Everton1878 said:

Great squad.

World class manager.

world class manager????....... MOYES OUT..<a class="postlink" href="http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/08-09/comment/mailbag/mailbagitem.asp?submissionID=9480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/08-09/c ... ionID=9480</a>

Great squad??? Are you sure?

bluevengence said:
Everton1878 said:

Great squad.
World class manager.

oh dear where did you find that

Everton1878 said:
Matty said:

Great squad.
World class manager.

Billionaire's want Clubs that are succesful on the World Stage.

Your Squad is not World Class,
Your Manager is keeping a player against his own will,
Your league finishes don't get you into the Top 4,
Second in the Cup means First loser.

You are definatly a Bottomless pit, just like any club outside the Top 4 at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.