Lescott or Cunningham

Lesoctt was one of our better players. And he gives us additional socring power.

The points about his ability to overlap are valid enough, but I don't think Liverpool at home is the right game for a young player like Cunningham.

It's not dieal playing Lescott at left back, but neither is playing an inexperienced young player. I'd like to see Cunningham gets more experience in Cup matches, and perhaps coming on from the bench before throwing him in at the deep end.

blue dallas said:
i nil win away from home, 2nd game of season.

oh and , clean sheet !

Not saying he didn't do his job.. Just saying he didn't play in a way you'd expect from a full back. Little support out wide, and there were at least 3 decent crosses Timisoara got in because he was walking around inside the area, a feet away from Kompany., not where a LB should be. In tougher games, that could be exploited, yesterday he managed well enough.

CB is just his natural position...and I think games like yesterday are an opportunity for guys like Cunningham to develop.<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:20 am --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
Lesoctt was one of our better players. And he gives us additional socring power.

The points about his ability to overlap are valid enough, but I don't think Liverpool at home is the right game for a young player like Cunningham.

It's not dieal playing Lescott at left back, but neither is playing an inexperienced young player. I'd like to see Cunningham gets more experience in Cup matches, and perhaps coming on from the bench before throwing him in at the deep end.

Well I was thinking more in terms of who should've started yesterday. Completely agree on Liverpool, but as I said, I'd rather have yellow-card-Zaba on LB than Lescott on yesterday's evidence.

Lescott - if nothing else he will get some match fitness into plus I actually thought he was pretty solid last night.

didnt lescott start at left back at everton
i thought he played well last night

Think Lescott is better than Bridge at LB, to be honest, and not sure if Bridge is needed anymore.

think you've got your answer OP.
Amazingly everyone thinks the experienced prem player, English international etc should play in front of some kid you've never even seen play.

Another pointless BM guess/post

Lescott. I for one hope lescott stays in the team one way or another, he is one of my favourite defenders (mainly because he rejected everton) and plus he is a top class player, theres a reason why we payed plenty of cash for him (dont bring the RSC/robinho shit up) and for me, should be in the team.

fallowfield said:
think you've got your answer OP.
Amazingly everyone thinks the experienced prem player, English international etc should play in front of some kid you've never even seen play.

Another pointless BM guess/post

I've seen Cunningham play quite a few times, and not seen him do a bad job once:).

I just found myself frustrated today about Lescotts unwillingness to provide width or overlapping. In the modern game, that's things you need from your full back. I'm still sticking by my statement that in cup games, Cunningham should be ahead of Lescott in the picking order.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.