Lescott or Cunningham

My view I would rather have Lescott playing centre half with Kompany as at the back end of last season those 2 were rocks in the defence. Thats why we missed out on the champions league last season 2 key injuries to our back line loosing Lescott and Given during that time.

Regarding Lescott or Cunningham way too early for Cunningham and Lescott when he played there with Everton was solid during his play there. Cunningham is still learning the role I have said it before and will say it again loan Cunningham out this season to a lower end team be it Blackpool or even a higher championship team. IF he can get games at club level he is in pole position to get games for Ireland which will make him a stronger player when he comes back and then he may well push for a place in the starting 11 at the club next season.

If Cunningham stays at the club he will not get much game time with Ireland or City and will be used more in the league cup and at the end of Europa League maybe the odd game here and there. It will be interesting to see how he progresses this season but I feel a move away will benefit him more than staying at the club just like Weiss.

South City said:
now we have milner i thought barry would jump in LB against the dippers

Gareth Barry could probably be held accountable for any number of goals we've conceded , not to mention some that England might have conceded too ...... he's sluggish , and he's often late in the tackle ........... i wouldn't really want him anywhere near our penalty area , unless he can show greater awareness.

They sat very deep last night so there was no space for the wingers to get behind them nevermind out full backs to overlap. Very solid performance from Lescott and he certainly should start Monday night.

bluecm said:
Lescott, looked tidy and composed at LB last night.
Looks better at LB than at CB if you asked me, against poor opposition who didn't pose a threat though

Yozzer,why is someone pathetic because they don't agree with your opinion.
I don't agree with your opinion that NDJ shouldn't be in the team,but I read what you have to say,and it makes no difference if I agree with you or not,thats your views and I respect that.

But to start insulting other City fans because they might not agree with you is wrong and rude.

Lescott looked really good last night, more mobile and quicker than he appeared in US tour - getting back to his pre-injury form. He should be pushing Kompany out by the time Kolarov returns if he keeps this standard up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.