Lescott or Dunne?

You have got to be sh*tting me!

Dunne, for all the great work that he did in a mid to lower order / relegation candidate team (which we used to be - first and primary goal was ALWAYS avoid the drop - nowadays it is not even a consideration) is not fit to tie Lescott's shoelaces.

Lescott is good for 5+ goals for city in a season.

Dunne was good for 5 own goals. conceded penalties and red cards - possibly more.

Good luck to Dunney in his new club where he seems to have revitalised his career.

Lescot had a slow and nervous start, but in the last 3 games was our best defender by a country mile - world class.

And he can head a ball.

As for Toure. it appears that he can't (head a ball), which is a major problem.

I for one am not too interested in the defenders abilities "going forward" (how many goals result from Wayne Bridges's runs upfield - zero!).

Our midfield and attackers are good enough to create 2+ goals every game against ANY opposition.

I want our defenders to be able to defend, and not concede goals.

............or own goals

.............Or get sent off!

Dunne anyday, lescott was no way worth the wedge that we paid for him and plays like a donkey. Infact lets get rid of all the back 4 and start again cos none of them are upto the task at the moment.

Lescott is the better player imo. It's all about systems. lescott would look very good at Villa, just as Collins and Cuellar have. So long as you're reliable and consistent, you will always do well in an organised team.

We're not reliable nor do we have a system where the back 4 get adequate cover from the midfield. As a result, good players look poor.

Dunney was a great servant for the blues and should always be respected for being so and fair do's his form for Villa so far has been excellent. However, he wasn't great for us last year and once the money came in he was always going to be replaced.

Lescott has been nowhere near as bad as those press pig twats would have you believe. He was a bag of nerves when he started with us and the circus surrounding the transfer obviously affected him. That said, his performances of late are much improved (Arsenal and Chelsea games without a mention in the media) and I'm sure he will go on to be a top centre half for us. What I would hope for though, is that the fans will get right behind him and not swallow the shite being written in the papers and spoke on the telly about him !

Not sure about Toure though!

lescott every time its toure the 1 that worries me,anyway i am in no doubt mancini will sort our defence out - ONWARDS AND UPWARDS !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.