Lescott.

C_T_I_D

Sorry to create yet another thread about him but thought he was outstanding yesterday yet again. Ever since he has come back from injury he seems to have become the player that we all knew he could be. Dominant in the air and a great winner of headers, good tackler. I liked the way he and Bridge worked together yesterday, it was quite effective and good team-work.

If this fella isn't included in the England squad for S/A then there is something seriously wrong with Capello.

He played very well .

Might just have conceded a penalty at one point though ...... he took a bit of a risk with Mike (the penalty) so Dean close by!

He is now settling in to look like a decent center half,
his best atribute for me is his calmness under pressure,lets hope we can a injury free run of games with lescott and kompany
playing together.

He started to come good just before he got injured. He's gonna be a class player for us!!

Worth every penny! And it's unfair to say he's come good since his return from injury. He was class before his injury too. If there's a better defender in the air, with more upper body strength than Lescott, please show me him. He's had Drogba in his pocket twice now this season.

Not worth 24m, worse than Dunne? My arse, remember he had a slow start at Blue Dippers, and he turned out to be quite good if I recall, and now he's showing it again, played Jole

Every time I read a paper about England's left back problems they can't talk about Lescott or Bridge without labelling them "under-performing"

Bridge has had a very good season, before and after his injury.

Lescott (and Toure) got exposed one on one time and time again in Hughes's over-ambitious line-up. It was never a question of Lescott playing poorly...he just had to win 10/10 tackles. Lose 1 and it would be costly and highlighted.

That said, Lescott deserves credit for handling Drobga. Even so Drogba had 2 chances in the 1st half. We got a bit of fortune in scoring before half-time, and Chelsea under-performed. We were due a bit of luck, and had the ability and team spirit to press the advantage home

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.