Lescott.

After his first couple of games where he looked shaky, he has been superb. He will surely be on the plane to South Africa this season. Possibly first choice centre back with Terry if wobbly chops Rio doesn't get passed fit. Also an outsider for the left back position too

Despite his transfer fee being extremely inflated (in my opinion anyway), he has still shown he is a quality defender, plus he's looking good at the back with Kompany alongside him

leewill31 said:
Mike D said:
Agree under Mancini he seems to be the real deal, really like his dominance in the air and calmness on the ball.

fishing again i see mike,i will bite though as it has fook all to do with mancini.

Agreed. He was a rock under Hughes

Tricky_Trev said:
Worth every penny!

naw, still has an awful lot to do before claims like that can be made. hes becoming the solid defender we need him to be, and is class in the air, hasn't had nearly the impact in the opposition box as he had at everton tho (which contributed to why he cost so much in the first place). Obviously hasnt played that much with Toure as well, so the jurys still out on that partnership.

improving signs tho :)

Lescott and Kompany are the best potential CB partnership in the league if they get enough games under their belt together. Terry/Carvalho and Ferdinand/Vidic are maybe not as good this season as they have been before.

Together with Kompany the partnership looks as good as anything in the Premier, they compliment each other really well. Both also have good distribution and i think that is the ket to why Dunnie was let go. We are striving for the next level and to reach this we do need defenders with ability and calmness on the ball, Lescott displayed this in abundance on Saturday, the way he held off Drogba was immense.

We are getting there....have faith!!

Players take time to settle and find tehir true form sometimes. Joleon has ability and you don't just lose that overnight, what we are seeing now is a fully fit player enjoying the challenge and coming back to form.

Even at Everton I remember he took a while to settle in and justify his price tag. It's natural. We'll benefit this second half of the season too - unlike some prima donnas who may shirk challenges with the WC on the horizon, Lescott will only go in harder to prove himself more.

He's got better every game since returning and was actually playing well before he got injured, although his distribution does need some work. From a purely defensive perspective, if Capello picks players based on form, then Lescott should currently get the nod over the vermin that is Terry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.