Lesser known / Quirky records City hold

If Southampton have had an 8-0 win we must have lost the first record to them this season after their 0-9 against Leicester?
No, sorry - I meant that it’s one record. It’s not the biggest PL win and biggest PL defeat, it’s the heaviest goals conceded that’s the same as the most goals scored.

I’m explaining it badly, but no team has scored 9 and conceded 9, scored 10 and conceded 10... one team has scored 8 and conceded 8 - and that’s City.

If Southampton won 9-something this weekend (or in future) then we’d lose that record.

Sorry- I always find this one the hardest to explain!

Wasn't our away following at Newcastle when we won the league there, supposed to be the largest away following for a league game? 18 thousand or something like that?

Only team to have won the Premier League having been 2nd in the table at some point of the final day?
Not 100% sure that's correct but I can't think of any other times the League has gone to the final day and at some point during the games positions have changed around.

No, sorry - I meant that it’s one record. It’s not the biggest PL win and biggest PL defeat, it’s the heaviest goals conceded that’s the same as the most goals scored.

I’m explaining it badly, but no team has scored 9 and conceded 9, scored 10 and conceded 10... one team has scored 8 and conceded 8 - and that’s City.

If Southampton won 9-something this weekend (or in future) then we’d lose that record.

Sorry- I always find this one the hardest to explain!
Alternatively if Leicester lose 9 something they will have the record too

Maine road is the home for both City’s and the rags record attendance

rather amusingly United don't hold the record attendance at old Trafford either

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.