let me tell you a story...

mammutly said:
This situation shouldn't really surprise anyone. Look at the history of Tevez and his agent and think also about his background before football.

Gifted player though he is, Tevez is the ultimate mercenary. The guy has literally sold himself before now and too many other people have a piece of him.

Now here is a harsh reality: With Tevez City could win the Premiership this season. Without Tevez they can't.

I reckon winning the Premiership is worth several hundred million to City and no doubt Carlos and Co know that too.

It's a bitter pill to swallow, but Carlos Tevez is irreplacable at present. City will give him more money, get the success on the pitch and fuck him off in the summer.

hard to argue with this.

Starve the wankers of PR oxygen

No further comment. No further reaction. Your move.

Stone wall silence.

woman and whinge and agitate as much as you like but do it in a vacuum.

Train/ Play (if we deign to pick you) and fulfill your contract.

I'm sure the manager, the fans and your team mates will love you

when it suits us we might make some further comment at some point when you've dug that grave even deeper

xx

Breadsnapper said:
I have been through everything from this is press talk, to anger to resignation and back again.
This could be a godsend. An opportunity to once and for all galvanise the whole club, owners, team, manager and fans alike.
If the club sticks to it's guns and sorts Tevez out then it shows very clearly to the world that Roberto is their man, the manager they are going to support as they believe he is the best man. It sends a message out to players that they will come second to the manager. It also tells me as a City fan that I am more important than them all because they only have the interests of my City at heart.
It might form the siege mentality we need for the rest of the season, because if we are still sniffing around the top spot we will need it.

Very well said!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I hope some posters will appreciate why I did not want to drop a hand grenade re Carlos situation earlier in the week.

The Kia Joorabachian and Apocaplyse Now in the transfer threads were just pointers, City were and are ahead of the game on this.

Many things are ambigious (admittedly frustrating) for a variety of reasons and personal relationships.

Obviously, blues will be hurting - but please keep the faith with both the club and Carlos.

Joorabachian makes Paul Stretford look like a rank amateur.

There are elements to Carlos' displeasure, but it comes down to one cold truth MONEY.

A Rooney situation in many aspects. Tevez has such a close relationship with his agent - best man at his wedding, godfather to his children.

There is plenty of things to run on this. Tevez's situation is unique in that for the first time in his career, it is US who own him.

Keep the faith and a brighter January will emerge around the corner. Worst case scenario, it will be put to bed until the summer.

right Tolmie, c'mon do you actually know anything at all? I hope you're right but it doesn't sound like it

charliebigspuds said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I hope some posters will appreciate why I did not want to drop a hand grenade re Carlos situation earlier in the week.

The Kia Joorabachian and Apocaplyse Now in the transfer threads were just pointers, City were and are ahead of the game on this.

Many things are ambigious (admittedly frustrating) for a variety of reasons and personal relationships.

Obviously, blues will be hurting - but please keep the faith with both the club and Carlos.

Joorabachian makes Paul Stretford look like a rank amateur.

There are elements to Carlos' displeasure, but it comes down to one cold truth MONEY.

A Rooney situation in many aspects. Tevez has such a close relationship with his agent - best man at his wedding, godfather to his children.

There is plenty of things to run on this. Tevez's situation is unique in that for the first time in his career, it is US who own him.

Keep the faith and a brighter January will emerge around the corner. Worst case scenario, it will be put to bed until the summer.

right Tolmie, c'mon do you actually know anything at all? I hope you're right but it doesn't sound like it
Way off the mark IMO, I can't believe how many on here have dismissed the personal situation of Tevez, a move to spain where he speaks the lingo and where he may be able to persuade his missus to live (not reconciled) with his kids is viable. Suggesting he wants to go play for Bocca to be with his kids is nonsense put forward as a reason why this is really all about money. I wouldn't rule out his agent's not rubbing his hands at the prospect but I doubt it's a wage rise negotiation as suggested.

Neil McNab said:
charliebigspuds said:
Way off the mark IMO, I can't believe how many on here have dismissed the personal situation of Tevez, a move to spain where he speaks the lingo and where he may be able to persuade his missus to live (not reconciled) with his kids is viable. Suggesting he wants to go play for Bocca to be with his kids is nonsense put forward as a reason why this is really all about money. I wouldn't rule out his agent's not rubbing his hands at the prospect but I doubt it's a wage rise negotiation as suggested.

''The written transfer request is in stark contrast to Carlos' stated position in both public and club contexts. Significantly, over recent months, the Club has also received numerous requests from Carlos’ representative to renegotiate and improve his playing contract as well as more recently a request to extend that contract by another year''.

de niro said:
mammutly said:
This situation shouldn't really surprise anyone. Look at the history of Tevez and his agent and think also about his background before football.

Gifted player though he is, Tevez is the ultimate mercenary. The guy has literally sold himself before now and too many other people have a piece of him.

Now here is a harsh reality: With Tevez City could win the Premiership this season. Without Tevez they can't.

I reckon winning the Premiership is worth several hundred million to City and no doubt Carlos and Co know that too.

It's a bitter pill to swallow, but Carlos Tevez is irreplacable at present. City will give him more money, get the success on the pitch and fuck him off in the summer.

hard to argue with this.

I will try ;-)

I think if we said carlos was our number 11 and then looked at our team from 1-10 there is not a better 1-10 in the Premier League. Tevez is in our side as a goalscororer and despite what we all think of the Premier League, decent goalscorers will always score here. I think if we signed someone a la Dzeko, Torres, even Forlan they would score plenty of goals in this side.

For me as much as I have loved Carlos being here and would love him to stay, I don't think it would come anywhere near derailing us if he left, our 1-10 is in my opinion better than anyone else

PJ74 said:
de niro said:
hard to argue with this.

I will try ;-)

I think if we said carlos was our number 11 and then looked at our team from 1-10 there is not a better 1-10 in the Premier League. Tevez is in our side as a goalscororer and despite what we all think of the Premier League, decent goalscorers will always score here. I think if we signed someone a la Dzeko, Torres, even Forlan they would score plenty of goals in this side.

For me as much as I have loved Carlos being here and would love him to stay, I don't think it would come anywhere near derailing us if he left, our 1-10 is in my opinion better than anyone else

I agree, any canny frontman could score goals in this team. Not suggesting we should get him FFS, but Robbie Keane would score bagfuls with his positional sense.

Balti said:
''The written transfer request is in stark contrast to Carlos' stated position in both public and club contexts. Significantly, over recent months, the Club has also received numerous requests from Carlos’ representative to renegotiate and improve his playing contract as well as more recently a request to extend that contract by another year''.

To be fair, that was only City's side, and while I'd like to believe it, I'm sure its been spun just as much as the other side has. I'm not sure that I trust Cook or Marwood to tell the truth either, certainly somebody isn't telling the full story.

However.........

The bottom line is he wants to go, the club want him to stay, he signed a 5 year contract, and there is still 3 1/2 years to go, the club aren't exactly poor, so in conclusion City can hold out as long as we wish, all the cards are held by City. If he doesn't turn up for work he's in breach of contract, can be fined or not paid, and we can certainly afford to let him rot for a while (a good while in fact), or we can sell to whoever we wish (that can afford him - and that's not very many).

The next move is his (and his agents), the club don't need to concern themselves at all, he WILL have to return to work fairly soon if he wants to be paid, and even then we can send him to train with the 17 year olds if we wish, keep him well away from the first team, we can keep paying his basic wage as long as we wish, and he can't complain if we do, and we can fine him for every single misdemeanour.

Sadly I think he probably has mental health issues, none of it makes much sense, and he probably needs to be treated to get his head right, only then will we know the real truth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.