Let's ask again..Tevez or Mancini?

Falastur said:
Compstall35 said:
Both gone. A huge firesale and Morinho brings home the title.

If any of you saw my rant yesterday at the Mourinho-in brigade, this is exactly what I was referring to. Those who want Mourinho in seem to think that it is humanly inconceivable that he won't win us the Premier League straight away. What will we do then if he actually struggles with us, because goodness knows he's not exactly putting Barcelona in their place? When we discuss whether Mancini should go, everyone uses Mourinho's unhappiness with Real (99% sure it's down to him not winning, not him not liking Spain) as the carrot dangled in front of us. If he came here and failed to win things, which manager do we turn to next? Some of you seem to think the answer is "trick question - Mourinho is incapable of failing".
What bizarre logic, but not the first time I've heard it.

By your logic, if there was a chance of messi being on the Market, we should not try to sign him in case he suddenly and inexplicably becomes a bad player .

Whilst I'm sure mourinho has flaws, his record to date is as close as flawless as you can get in football. With our squad and our cash, it's a significantly safer option to trust him with the job than Mancini, who I believe has failed in the areas mourinho is proven to excel in: motivation, recruitment and man management.

Look. Whilst we all love this club, for the average football fan around the world and most managers and players too we are the English equivalent of Athletico Madrid, Napoli.

We do have a bit of dosh now but that is why we have signed so many good players of dubious mental fortitude. Adebayor, Balotelli, even Tevez. Real world stars would not be interested however much dosh we throw at them. Iniesta and Xavi would not come here. The Barca player who we are constantly linked with is a rather stroppy right back.

So all those who come on here after every setback going out about Jose are in my opinion wide of the mark. He is currently managing a national/international institution. He would be taking a huge risk with his reputation by joining City.
He has also already turned us down.

I am not suggesting Mancini is fireproof. I support him but am not blind to the lack of pace in our football. But who would we rather have?

Ancelotti might be available at season's end although he might end up in a straight swop with Mourinho.

lancs blue said:
Tevez just doesn't look like he wants to be here and it may have nothing to do with the identity of the manager so changing managers on that basis could have little effect.
How do you work that one out,if you judge him by his performance last night then the opposite would be true.
The only one who looks & acts like he doesn't want to be here is the teachers pet.

Mancini all day long, we cant end up like the rabble down the road no one is bigger than the club, and as much as i'd like Tevez to stay i think he will go

feedthegoater said:
if we dont finish in the top 4, both will go, FACT

And on what grounds do you base this FACT?<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:03 pm --<br /><br />
bluemanc said:
lancs blue said:
Tevez just doesn't look like he wants to be here and it may have nothing to do with the identity of the manager so changing managers on that basis could have little effect.
How do you work that one out,if you judge him by his performance last night then the opposite would be true.
The only one who looks & acts like he doesn't want to be here is the teachers pet.

Well said BM

bluetonium said:
When it comes down to it, don't care in all honesty. We can replace either with someone of the required quality and it' still doesn't guarantee anything.

Am already resigned to losing Carlos, dead cert in my book. Just get Pato or someone else and move on.

yup. my feelings exactly on this topic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.