Lets just put thing in perspective

When Peter Crouch scored the winner in 2010, the snipers said we carn't win trophies or qualify for the Champions League. The following season we won the F.A. Cup and qualified for the champions League. Then the snipers said we could'nt win the Premier League. The following season we were Champions. Now, the same snipers will say..... I say we bide our time.

superwatsonwatson said:
When Peter Crouch scored the winner in 2010, the snipers said we carn't win trophies or qualify for the Champions League. The following season we won the F.A. Cup and qualified for the champions League. Then the snipers said we could'nt win the Premier League. The following season we were Champions. Now, the same snipers will say..... I say we bide our time.

Exactly, let's just be fucking patient and enjoy being Champions of England.

Champions2012! said:
No wonder the rags call us obsessed with people like the OP
Bingo. It's such a sad act of desperation to create that. Those memes are meant to be funny, full of quips and witty remarks. Piss poor.
Fact is we have the worst record of any English team to enter the CL at the group stages, and comparing it to United's past non-achievements doesn't make it any different.

The Biased MANUre Broadcasting Cretins are now suggesting that we are 'officially' the worst English team ever in the CL - all because we have got only two points. The morons have fixed on the simple fact that no one else reached such abject depths. Nowhere built into their 'conclusion' is the notion that we were paired with the champions of Germany, Spain and Holland. And exactly where is this 'Official League of Worst Exiters of the CL' and who keeps it.

Another Rag BBC stick with which to have a go at Mancini's knuckles.

All part of the BBC agenda. SSNakesTV will probably utter the same shite this morning when Wedders gets off the air!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
The Biased MANUre Broadcasting Cretins are now suggesting that we are 'officially' the worst English team ever in the CL - all because we have got only two points. The morons have fixed on the simple fact that no one else reached such abject depths. Nowhere built into their 'conclusion' is the notion that we were paired with the champions of Germany, Spain and Holland. And exactly where is this 'Official League of Worst Exiters of the CL' and who keeps it.

All part of the BBC agenda. SSNakesTV will probably utter the same shite this morning when Wedders gets off the air!
I thought it was an interesting angle to take
"Manchester City are now the worst English team to have played in the Champions League"

Actually that isn't a fact as it is subjective, the fact is we have the lowest points total of any English team, which could point to us possibly being the worse.
Journalists lost their skills years ago.

Pointing out a fact doesn't give anything pro-United. It's interesting how you immediately point to that though and it not being pro-Arsenal, the other team already qualified.
Also, we may well have been paired with the champions of the nations you pointed out, but they were paired with us too, a squad any of those clubs will have envied. If we were shit and had fluked getting into the CL by scraping 4th with a mediocre squad, that point of yours would be valid. We're not though, we are the champions of England with a massive expensively assembled squad with players who would arguably walk into the 3 other teams we faced. Finishing with no wins is not good enough, which is what the media are quite rightly pointing out. It is nothing pro-United at all, it's not even anti-City, it's just a fact.

Pigeonho said:

Pointing out a fact doesn't give anything pro-United. It's interesting how you immediately point to that though and it not being pro-Arsenal, the other team already qualified.
Also, we may well have been paired with the champions of the nations you pointed out, but they were paired with us too, a squad any of those clubs will have envied. If we were shit and had fluked getting into the CL by scraping 4th with a mediocre squad, that point of yours would be valid. We're not though, we are the champions of England with a massive expensively assembled squad with players who would arguably walk into the 3 other teams we faced. Finishing with no wins is not good enough, which is what the media are quite rightly pointing out. It is nothing pro-United at all, it's not even anti-City, it's just a fact.

Your right they talking facts that I don't mind but what I've noticed when the scum have negative results they don't go on about it the same! What about dropping 8 points with 6 to go to lose the league didnt see the media going on about that its very selective they kick us when we are down and stroke the scum when there down that's the difference

waspish said:
Pigeonho said:

Your right they talking facts that I don't mind but what I've noticed when the scum have negative results they don't go on about it the same! What about dropping 8 points with 6 to go to lose the league didnt see the media going on about that its very selective they kick us when we are down and stroke the scum when there down that's the difference
No, they talked us up for making those points up, and rightly so. Who's arsed about what press they do or don't get anyway? Who's arsed what press we get? I asked yesterday on the Balotelli thread about how Zabaleta's comments about Balotelli could even remotely 'destabilise' the squad, as was suggested. The only comeback I had was off Mancio, who labeled me a rag for asking it. People are too obsessed about what is or isn't printed by the press when the bottom line is it doesn't make one blind bit of difference anyway.

I was cheering us on last night but in the cold light of day I'm glad we're out of the EL.

We dont have the depth of squad to mount a separate EL campaign. With Kolo, razak, rekik & suarez ineligible. Throw in 3 or 4 injuries/suspensions and we'd need to call on more than a few of our senior players or play youngsters that just aren't ready.

Better that we're out now than get knocked out in Feb/March or jeopardise the league campaign

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.