Let's not get carried away...

Still down to us, rags amd Chelsea IMO. Will be more confident if we can sort these away performances.

I agree.

Our biggest issue in my opinion is that we are prone to switching off too easy, even in our title winning season we managed to look like one of the greatest PL sides in the first 4-6 months then finding ourselves going from 8 points in front to 8 points behind if I remember and looking like the wheels had come off!

The motivation we showed yesterday is needed week in week out, not just in the big games.

I am intrigued to see how we play against Bayern with similar motivation if we can because if we can beat Bayern at home the confidence that will give us will be immense! I also think it would be indication to Europe that we are a potential winner this season.

Very happy with the result yesterday, but I just hope we don't revert to old ways against Villa at the weekend!

gmckennasell said:
Definitely will get carried away , ive had over 40 years of these fuckers , its pay back.

Absolutely correct, G Mac.

We've had to put up with more than three decades of the morons who follow that hideous club taking the piss and generally lording it over us.

Now is pay- back time.

Before a game was kicked in anger this season I expected us to finish above the rags because Ferguson was always worth at least ten points, their players are yet another year older, Scholes gone, Giggs not going to play much. We've strengthened far more than them. It's whether we can beat Chelsea in my opinion and it's looking more and more likely that we can. Don't know what they were thinking when they got rid of Lukaku and Moses on the last day but I reckon the title swung back in our favour that day. I agree with the OP though, can't get too carried away, I'm certainly not writing Chelsea off yet, but we have reason for cautious optimism.

Skashion said:
Before a game was kicked in anger this season I expected us to finish above the rags because Ferguson was always worth at least ten points, their players are yet another year older, Scholes gone, Giggs not going to play much. We've strengthened far more than them. It's whether we can beat Chelsea in my opinion and it's looking more and more likely that we can. Don't know what they were thinking when they got rid of Lukaku and Moses on the last day but I reckon the title swung back in our favour that day. I agree with the OP though, can't get too carried away, I'm certainly not writing Chelsea off yet, but we have reason for cautious optimism.

I still think any team finishing above Chelsea will win the league.

As long as we can get ourselfs close to that performance sway from home we will win the lge at a canter its just getting the players up for the lesser games on a cold windy wet night where the oposition want to kick lumpsnout ov you there the big challenges for us

Right I have had a little time to reflect on this

What we saw was the team playing towards it's full potential, sure there are areas for improvement but we are finally seeing what they are capable of

To be fair it was just slightly below the performance versus Newcastle

I want to see our performance in the next two prem games before I am finally convinced we have turned a corner on the way to be being one of the best teams in Europe, the signs are certainley there

Ducado said:

What we saw was the team playing towards it's full potential, sure there are areas for improvement but we are finally seeing what they are capable of

I want to see our performance in the next two prem games before I am finally convinced we have turned a corner on the way to be being one of the best teams in Europe, the signs are certainley there

Disagree Ducado, that performance eclipsed Newcastle

We made a good team look like a Sunday morning side yesterday

Ducado said:

Less than Newcastle? Are you on drugs? It was by a country mile the best performance of the PL season by any team, and we were missing two key players. It was one of the best city performances I've seen in 35 years+.

Whilst I agree its far too early to start crowning us champions, it was a huge statement to the rest of the division and a big boost to morale.

Bloody hell mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.