Let's Not Go Sucking Each Others Richards Just Yet...

I'm gonna enjoy the win for 24 hours, on friday i will start to worry again about how at times we were all over the place and looked very unorganised, played some bad football at times aswell, also the formation still shouldn't be 4-4-2, we played well and to be fair should beat arsenal with the team they had out, still work to be done from hughes though, we may have won tonight and played well but i'm still asking questions of our shape and formation, still don't feel this 4-4-2 at all.

rohanthebest said:
Very impressed with richards tonight , fingers crossed for chelsea

Perhaps sitting him out a few matches has given him some time to reflect and 'positive' his attitude.
Don't give up on him. He is still our HomeGrown Boy!!!

He is from our hood.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Or something like thast as Mr Wolf once said

I sat in the 3rd tier tonight, as opposed to just a few rows up off the ground, so I could see things much clearer than usual. And I have to say that what I saw was not the most pleasing of things I've ever seen. The 4-4-2 formation is strangling us. We are not getting the best out of our players with this formation and we are relying on individual bits of excellence to try and score us goals and win us games. The constant long balls to Ade and lack of ideas is soul destroying considering the amount of talent we have on the pitch. We were up against a very weak Arsenal squad who, let's face it, anything less than a win would have been a disappointment. Now I don't wanna take anything away from the players because individually once again they all played very well, but as a team we are just not playing to the best of our abailities

We're all too keen to just hoof it up to Ade and try to pick up the pieces, and considering the team we've got and what we're capable of this just isn't good enough and we're gonna come up short against any team that is anywhere near the same standard as us. Grinding out results and huff and puff just doesn't do this team justice. The only way we were ever gonna score was through individual bits of skill as opposed to quality team football and luckily tonight we were playing a team so weak that Tevez, SWP and Bellamy could carve out goals all by themselves out of nothing. This won't be the case evry week and it's been like this for too long now, hence 7 draws some of which were against far inferior teams.

Bringing Vinnie on for Tevez (who was right to be subbed) and switching from 4-4-2 to 4-1-4-1 was an other negative move although this will be overlooked (possibly rightly so) considering the result and the fact we saw out the game, but negative tactics designed to contain the other team and not designed to get the best out of ours are becoming all to frequent.

Now I haven't got anything against Hughes and I want the guy to do well, the way he punched towards our fans when they were singing 'Hughesy Hughesy give us a wave' showed how much he wants to succeed at City, but I just can't see it happening with the way we're going and we are gonna have to have a much more intelligent set up against the rags and in future league games if we want to progress much further

Kudos to SWP, Tevez and Lescott in particular for superb individual performances.

Ecstatic to get to the semi's, but not looking forward to playing the rags

Its a fair point. The hoofing it up to Ade doesn't work generally and didn't work again last night. Far more often than not we simply conceded possession immediately to Arsenal and a better team would have punished us as a result. It's OK as an option but we are doing it way too much and it simply doesn't work. Get it on the ground, keep possession and play a passing game please City.

Great night mind.

typical of this forum and the "fans" on here.

i would have bet a months wages that there would be someone moaning and slagging the team off on here.

people talk about "typical city", more like typical city fans.

blumoonrises said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

I sat in the 3rd tier tonight, as opposed to just a few rows up off the ground, so I could see things much clearer than usual. And I have to say that what I saw was not the most pleasing of things I've ever seen. The 4-4-2 formation is strangling us. We are not getting the best out of our players with this formation and we are relying on individual bits of excellence to try and score us goals and win us games. The constant long balls to Ade and lack of ideas is soul destroying considering the amount of talent we have on the pitch. We were up against a very weak Arsenal squad who, let's face it, anything less than a win would have been a disappointment. Now I don't wanna take anything away from the players because individually once again they all played very well, but as a team we are just not playing to the best of our abailities

We're all too keen to just hoof it up to Ade and try to pick up the pieces, and considering the team we've got and what we're capable of this just isn't good enough and we're gonna come up short against any team that is anywhere near the same standard as us. Grinding out results and huff and puff just doesn't do this team justice. The only way we were ever gonna score was through individual bits of skill as opposed to quality team football and luckily tonight we were playing a team so weak that Tevez, SWP and Bellamy could carve out goals all by themselves out of nothing. This won't be the case evry week and it's been like this for too long now, hence 7 draws some of which were against far inferior teams.

Bringing Vinnie on for Tevez (who was right to be subbed) and switching from 4-4-2 to 4-1-4-1 was an other negative move although this will be overlooked (possibly rightly so) considering the result and the fact we saw out the game, but negative tactics designed to contain the other team and not designed to get the best out of ours are becoming all to frequent.

Now I haven't got anything against Hughes and I want the guy to do well, the way he punched towards our fans when they were singing 'Hughesy Hughesy give us a wave' showed how much he wants to succeed at City, but I just can't see it happening with the way we're going and we are gonna have to have a much more intelligent set up against the rags and in future league games if we want to progress much further

Kudos to SWP, Tevez and Lescott in particular for superb individual performances.

maybe this should be merged with dctid's "get a grip" thread so we can kill 2 birds with one stone..? ... miserable negative feckers

well said !!!
I despair sometimes with some of our so called 'supporters'

As I see it it´s a big fookin gorilla off our backs and an end to what I would describe as 28/29 years of abject failure and humiliation - with that out of the way perhaps the club as a whole can begin to really BELIEVE again!

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
Are you really so miserable you can't enjoy the moment?

I enjoyed the moment rite until my mate heard on his fone that we've got the rags. If anyone thinks we're gonna beat them with a game plan of getting the ball, standing like statues and booting it up to Ade then you're very much mistaken. But hey ho, looks like I'm a united fan anyway now so why should I give a fuck anyway

Christ almighty glad I stayed off the forum last night, Pigeon you were bang out of order last night and I think an apology is in order, didn't expect to read some of that from you thought you were a good contributor in the past.

Now what the op says is a fair comment even if I disagree with him on the substitution. This is a forum of opinions and everyone should respect other peoples opinions even if you don't agree with them not shower them with a torrent of vile abuse.

We comfortably beat arsenal 3-0 last night, semi-final place secured in years! however the morning after syndrome is starting to kick in now and we beat Arsenal's reserves 3-0 because of 3 absolutely magnificient individual efforts: Tevez, SWP and Bellamy.

I still have my reservations about the team playing together as a team and the formations but these don't need to be regurgitated once again.

The Fat el Hombre said:

Excellent post. For now, i'm enjoying the thought of being in the semis but i have been saying for a few weeks that we are simply matching up with the opposition and relying on individual moments of brilliance to win games. That's why it's not surprising to see us come unstuck over the last few months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.