Let's Not Go Sucking Each Others Richards Just Yet...

Sometimes the only, and best, thing to do is lie back and enjoy it for at least 24 hours.

I'll worry about formations, Hughsie, gelling and all the other bollocks on Friday :)

Pigeonho said:
Whatever, anyway I used the title in a thread before and El Homo knows it. Just goes to show how narrow minded he is and i'm now thinking he attends no matches and likes to just be a tagger onner, following posts and articles just so he looks good. In my eyes he is no Man City fan.

Yep you got me! I don't go to any games and I'm not even a City fan

Muppet

Constructive criticism is frowned upon now? The whole point of a forum? Jesus wept. It's a very valid point and although I'm very, very happy with tonight's result I am inclined to agree.

Palace and Fulham would have beat more than 2 top 7 teams with the way they flew at us (they come at us like thier ring-pieces were on fire in the very first minute and did'nt let up).
Non of the goals arrived via a long ball to Ade.
Bringing Vinnie on allowed Ireland further up the park, he was on the last man three times...which he was'nt before Vinnie arrived....how is that a negative?

It's not fucking ice skating or ballroom dancing. You don't get marks for style or artistic merit. It's football and if you score one more than the other team then you win. Simple as that. Doesn't matter if the ball bounces off four players and creeps over the line, it's still a goal. We ascored three absolute corkers tonight and could have had more. Yet some people still have to have their little moan.

We're in a semi final; the first for 28 years and even though I've seen us in five, I'm still buzzing. I thought the effort was phenomenal tonight, We never stopped working and the passing was crisper and quicker. The defence looked better and SWP was back to his absolute best. THere may be valid criticisms of the performance tonight but can't we forget them and just enjoy the moment?

Prestwich_Blue said:
It's not fucking ice skating or ballroom dancing. You don't get marks for style or artistic merit. It's football and if you score one more than the other team then you win. Simple as that. Doesn't matter if the ball bounces off four players and creeps over the line, it's still a goal.

In the short term, no, it doesn't matter. Looking at the bigger picture, playing a system that doesn't get the best out of our very talented bunch of players but merely gets us over the latest (small) hurdle, does matter

The Fat el Hombre said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
It's not fucking ice skating or ballroom dancing. You don't get marks for style or artistic merit. It's football and if you score one more than the other team then you win. Simple as that. Doesn't matter if the ball bounces off four players and creeps over the line, it's still a goal.

In the short term, no, it doesn't matter. Looking at the bigger picture, playing a system that doesn't get the best out of our very talented bunch of players but merely gets us over the latest (small) hurdle, does matter
Forget systems (and most on here know fuck all anyway). What we've lacked in the last few games is confidence. Well now we should have some and that counts for far more than 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.

Prestwich_Blue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Forget systems (and most on here know fuck all anyway). What we've lacked in the last few games is confidence. Well now we should have some and that counts for far more than 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.

Mate, to put our recent run down to a mere lack of confidence is just very naive. I'd like top think you're right and this result will get our tails up for Staurday but I'm not convinced

Fat Chance said:
Palace and Fulham would have beat more than 2 top 7 teams with the way they flew at us (they come at us like thier ring-pieces were on fire in the very first minute and did'nt let up).
Non of the goals arrived via a long ball to Ade.
Bringing Vinnie on allowed Ireland further up the park, he was on the last man three times...which he was'nt before Vinnie arrived....how is that a negative?

And who was in front of Stevie when he broke? No fucker. Same when Tevez broke through a few times - no fucker in front cos evryone was too deep

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.