Let's talk about corners

We’re probably more dangerous when the other team has a corner as more than a couple of their lot might cross halfway.

It does puzzle me that we weave this little quick, accurate, passing moves all the way up the pitch but when it comes to a corner it’s lumped in and they hope for the best

We should take note of the genius of Trent Alexander Arnold v Barca for the dippers 4 th

We should take note of the genius of Trent Alexander Arnold v Barca for the dippers 4 th
it was rather clever. How many did we have vs Leicester 11? 12?. We really do need to make more of them. I think Pep practices them at the same time as 'tackles'.

We should never take long corners its a total waste of time , would rather have a short corner and use our players superb close control to create openings , and would prevent a chance of a break away goal if we keep our centre backs on the half way line , we are brilliant at a lot of things but our corners are shite , it amazes me a coach of Pep's intelligence hasnt sussed out a better return from corner kicks.

I agree. I remember when I was a lad in the late 1950's the great Wolves team of that time never took long corners. Everyone else lumped the heavy leather ball into the box but Stan Cullis (Wolves manager) had it worked out that with the passing skills he had in his side a short corner was better suited to the team. Maybe Pep should get some of the old Pathe News footage and take a look !

We had a few in the first half against Leicester which weren't *that* bad to be honest, especially when Serg hit the bar.

it was rather clever. How many did we have vs Leicester 11? 12?. We really do need to make more of them. I think Pep practices them at the same time as 'tackles'.
Not so much clever, quick thinking, he was walking away and noticed Barca had gone for a wander. It wasn't planned though. Barca probably switched off when he started to walk away.There is no way you can plan for a team to switch off so badly though.

It wouldn't work for us, I can remember KDB trying to take a quick throw in and the referee stopping him in one of our earlier rounds for no reason what so ever.

Maybe we should get Andy Hinchcliffe in as a corner taking coach? After our promotion season with Machin he seemed to have a run of dropping balls at the far post for Gleghorn or White to nod in. IIRC our first goal of the season away at dipperpool was scored by Gleghorn from a Hinchy corner.
Scored direct in 1988-89 season against Shrewsbury IIRC

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.