Let's talk about corners

Off season boredom has lead me to think about random things...

Why don't players use teammates to jump higher, like they do in rugby linelouts? Is it against the rules?

It'd be hard to defend as you wouldn't know where to set up defensively to block it.

Why don't players use teammates to jump higher, like they do in rugby linelouts? Is it against the rules?

It'd be hard to defend as you wouldn't know where to set up defensively to block it.

Would be classed as "ungentlemanly conduct". Free kick to the opposition.

In rugby union they have pre arranged calls so that they know where the ball is going to be thrown. And its only thrown a few metres so its easy enough to make sure that the jumpers are in exactly the right position to catch the ball. If they tried it in football in 99.9% of the time the static player(s) would be in the wrong position once the ball reaches the penalty area.

I have often wondered why crowds greet the awarding of a corner with such enthusiasm.

I also believe teams should have a portfolio of different corners, and constantly rotate them, some long some short. Maybe they don't have the time to practice them-;)

Anyone remember one season when Andy Hinchcliffe had mastered the art of delivering corners right under the crossbar and every time we had a corner (maybe 6 times a season in them days)we thought we were going to score.

Anyone remember one season when Andy Hinchcliffe had mastered the art of delivering corners right under the crossbar and every time we had a corner (maybe 6 times a season in them days)we thought we were going to score.

Bobby McDonald use to score or assist at the near post for our corners. For a spell we could score more often than not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.