Let's talk about corners

We score more goals than any team in Europe year in year out, but I have to say our corner to goals ratio is shocking I have no idea how many corners we have but must be 200 plus and I think we have only scored maybe 3-5 directly from a corner, we clearly don't practise corners, why.

You are fucking masters compared to us. 800 and have scored 2. Thst has to be the worst record in world football at all levels, including teams of blind people. A total waste of everybody's time

Our indrect free kicks just as bad.

Is it even a advantage when we get a corner? I'm more surprised when we actually get our head on one

For as long as I've followed City, back to the Keegan days, people have complained about our corners. Are we really that bad?

We are a small team and score less headers than most other teams. The only time I remember us being good at attacking set pieces was when John Bond was manager and Bobby McDonald used to flick it on from the near post. It just seems to be part of our DNA.
On the other hand United were always brilliant at set pieces. Under Ferguson they got more goals from corners and free kicks than anyone else. (These days it's the only way they ever score!) Under Mancini we defended set pieces better than any time I can remember but still didn't score that many. It's baffling really.

I honestly don't think we practise them because we're a side packed full of short arses, even our centre halves bar Laporte aren't that tall. They are constantly shit corners though, been that way for several seasons. I think Joey Barton took our best ones, that's how far we're going back.

Thinking about it, we shouldn't put bodies in the box for corners at all, just keep our normal shape and pass it out from the corner.

It must be 50 years ago, or perhaps even longer but I can remember as clear as day Summerbee tearing down the wing with the ball and Bell keeping pace in the middle. The cross from Mike came in and, with such precision, Colin didn't need to break his stride, just kept on and scored a bullet header. Marvelous.
Saw John Charles score a similar goal for Hereford but his header was almost from the half-way line.
Andy Hinchcliffe, commenting on NBC yesterday, said a cross from Walker "Was inch-perfect, but a bit too high")

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.