level 3 closed for birmingham cup game

I won't be suprised or shocked in the slightest at our attendances in the cups this season.

It is easier to find Area 51, break into it and have a cup of tea than it is to buy a simple macth ticket for a city game.

You can't buy a ticket unless you buy a membership. Crock of shit. Whatever happend to the good old days where you could just turn up whenever you wanted, 2 weeks before, 2 days before or 2 mins before the game and just go to the ticket office, pay the price and receive the ticket?

Blue Memberships my arse.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Why is it stupid..Look at our attendances against Reading,Salzburg,Notts County,Leicester,Kiev last season.I was there and the average weas about 25-30000...

Giving credence to a rag song. No - what I was saying was the song that they sing is true-Unfortunately . All I fucking hear about is our great Mancunian support and we are proud we have no Irish,cockneys etc etc... If we can get 46-47k at home for home league games why cant people turn up for the league cup,fa cup games.. And then they have the fucking nerve to moan when they cant get a ticket or slag the club off for the cup scheme being unfair. Yes I am angry about being accused of being a rag but I will get over it. We sing This city is ours,all I did was state that I dont sing it as our attendances are shocking to say the least for cup games. Believe me I give no credence to those twats from Stretford but to not be able to discuss chants etc is a little naive. Remember some of the vile chants we have sung in the past-it gets debated. All I am saying is people need to turn up,support the team and not just stay at home.

Can I breathe now....?
The overall average for those games is nearly 32,000 (the Reading and Salzburg attendances were nearly 40k), and Kyiv, c'mon, six o'clock on a Thursday and you're hanging people on that.

The rags have to buy for cup games as part of their season ticket so don't be impressed, I certainly don't want their system at City. For the Carling Cup, where there is still a compulsion to buy tickets (if you forego Carling Cup tickets, you can't be entered into the ballot for ANY final - Champions League or FA Cup), there was 30,000 empty seats against Wolves last season: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/match/2010/oct/26/manchester-united-v-wolves" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/matc ... d-v-wolves</a> (Match Facts)

Yes, the rags have more lemmings willing to buy tickets, they've had twenty years of almost non-stop to success to get to the level where they can get 46,000 people who are only semi-forced into buying cup tickets. Congrats, we can only get 32,000 on average to cup games when given a totally free choice. I'm going to send this startling fact into Big Whoop magazine. Why do you even care? Are European games less of a laugh or have less atmosphere? I don't think so. If it's because the rags laugh at our empty seats, grow a spine and laugh at them having their arms twisted by the Glazers into buying tickets they know they wouldn't buy otherwise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.