level 3 closed for birmingham cup game

It the same old 25k-30k hardcore that have always gone, regardless of opposition that will be there. This doesn't bother me that much, we've not had a 20 year period of sustained success where some part time plastic is willing to buy a ticket to watch the mighty Manchester City when 20k that only go league games can't be arsed.

Even the rags have had over 20k empty seats at cup games recently, how often has that happened in the last 10 years? They used to have a conveyor belt of plastics ready to jump into any available seat, or red mancs that 'couldn't usually get a ticket'. Where are they now? I'd say there have been more reds disappear recently than blues. The few reds I knew that actually went to the swamp no longer do. My cousin will only go to away games 'because Old Trafford is shit'....he used to have a season ticket. This lot are a breed of their own and after a few seasons of getting outdone by City, will pack it in all together.

As for their song '20'000 empty seats'....bit hypocritical considering they have had 20'000 empty seats AND 20'000 empty streets in one season. I'm quite confident they won't be singing that song for much longer anyway.

Sorry to talk about them, yet it seems some people care too much about what they think. I think seeing our attendances suddenly increase by 20k would be more embarrassing for me, because surely that's a sign of us becoming more like them with a load of know nowt glory hunters half filling the ground.

berger1985 said:
It the same old 25k-30k hardcore that have always gone, regardless of opposition that will be there. This doesn't bother me that much, we've not had a 20 year period of sustained success where some part time plastic is willing to buy a ticket to watch the mighty Manchester City when 20k that only go league games can't be arsed.

Even the rags have had over 20k empty seats at cup games recently, how often has that happened in the last 10 years? They used to have a conveyor belt of plastics ready to jump into any available seat, or red mancs that 'couldn't usually get a ticket'. Where are they now? I'd say there have been more reds disappear recently than blues. The few reds I knew that actually went to the swamp no longer do. My cousin will only go to away games 'because Old Trafford is shit'....he used to have a season ticket. This lot are a breed of their own and after a few seasons of getting outdone by City, will pack it in all together.

As for their song '20'000 empty seats'....bit hypocritical considering they have had 20'000 empty seats AND 20'000 empty streets in one season. I'm quite confident they won't be singing that song for much longer anyway.

Sorry to talk about them, yet it seems some people care too much about what they think. I think seeing our attendances suddenly increase by 20k would be more embarrassing for me, because surely that's a sign of us becoming more like them with a load of know nowt glory hunters half filling the ground.
Excellent post, berger, bang on the money.
By the way, still no date finalised for this game? The draw was more than a week ago. The OS is showing 7.45 on the Wednesday but I think that's just provisional as no tickets on sale yet. I suppose TV companies are keeping everyone waiting.

WNRH said:
I won't be suprised or shocked in the slightest at our attendances in the cups this season.

It is easier to find Area 51, break into it and have a cup of tea than it is to buy a simple macth ticket for a city game.

You can't buy a ticket unless you buy a membership. Crock of shit. Whatever happend to the good old days where you could just turn up whenever you wanted, 2 weeks before, 2 days before or 2 mins before the game and just go to the ticket office, pay the price and receive the ticket?

Blue Memberships my arse.

If you're not a Blue member, can you not just get a paper ticket? If not, then that is a bit rubbish, cos it adds £10 to your first match ticket.

CityReg said:
Not surprised at all. There is a suggestion we don't sell out Napoli either. Can't believe it myself, but a few of the lads at work said the club don't think they'll sell out.

First Champions League game in history? Surely we'll sell out?
I had a problem on line yesterday, could book 5 tockets but not the 6th one so had to ring the ground. I asked how sales were going for this one and the girl said they had been busy the last 3 days. Prices are really good to be honest.

It is on the Wednesday and not televised, so that excuse can't be used for having a poor crowd.
LongsightM13 said:
berger1985 said:

Excellent post, berger, bang on the money.
By the way, still no date finalised for this game? The draw was more than a week ago. The OS is showing 7.45 on the Wednesday but I think that's just provisional as no tickets on sale yet. I suppose TV companies are keeping everyone waiting.

When was Wednesday announced? Missed that.
Tickets don't seem to be on sale yet. I'm in the cup scheme and not heard anything from the club or had the money taken out.

Friday, 11.51am

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2011/September/Register-for-Carling-Cup-scheem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and- ... Cup-scheem</a>

'Holders Birmingham City visit the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday, 21 September'

LongsightM13 said:
When was Wednesday announced? Missed that.

Are they holding off on ticket prices to try and get more people into the cup scheme? The attendance is likely to be bad but it'll be worse if people have barely 2 weeks to buy tickets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.