I could see Arsenal being interested, especially as they seem to be targeting experienced players this summer.

When we sign Mahrez and Jorginho we will have 18 non homegrown so will need to sell, probably Zinchenko, to bring in Lewandowski or any other player somebody has to be sold from the squad to make room.

Zinchenko will not have a place in our squad anyway if players stay healthy, so wouldn´t mind that at all.

I could see Arsenal being interested, especially as they seem to be targeting experienced players this summer.

They'd be mental if they followed their two biggest transfers in club history both of the last two windows on strikers to buy...another striker

They'd be mental if they followed their two biggest transfers in club history both of the last two windows on strikers to buy...another striker
+1
Arsenal need some defensive strengthening and a player or two to actually give a damn whether they win or lose and able to get in the face of anyone who's slacking.

Arsenal just coast through games with little emotion; there's no spine in the side at all.

I forgot about Aubeyemang (?), so please ignore my previous post. :P

Lewandowski hasn't been getting the recognition that he deserves because there are just so many good strikers during his time and I his marketing hasn't been the strongest. But he is to me better than Griezmann, Morata, Aubameyang, names that had more of an appeal and had a market value.

106 goals in 126 games in the German league is an impressive return and is better than Aguero's. Problem is both Lewandowski and Aguero are coming 30.

Still think it's worth a punt if the price is right. Knows how to find the back of the net and would be a magnet for those Mendy, Sané and KdB crosses.
He is generally considered the best pure striker of this era. So I don't understand what you mean by "not getting the recognition."

None of Griezmann, Morata nor Auba are even considered in that category. Generally we are talking about 2 guys the last 5 to 8 years

Lewandoski and Suarez. Your avid City fan will add Aguero to that list, the English media might suggest Kane also. Perhaps legitimately so on the power of his last 4 years. If you consider the early part of the last 8 years you might be inclined to add Zlatan.

All in all the list of 5 is thus:
Lewandoski
Suarez
Aguero
Kane
Zlatan.

And Lewa is uncomfortably atop that list. But atop none the less.

How much more recognition does he need?

Not quite sure lol, we could use Jesus a bit more on the wing maybe or play 3 atb ,with lewa infront with Kun/jesus.He is definetly one of the best strikers and would add some more variety fo us ,he is quite tall and cand head the ball very well and keep the ball well, but if we have to pay something close to 100 mil for him ,then definetly no.
Even if he were free, it woukw still be a bad idea, unless you were selling Aguero.

Why can't people see the obvious on this links?

Pass.
Doesn't seem to fit our side on numerous levels - (team chemistry, willingness to press, stamina, speed).

I really want to see us add a tall striker instead of Mahrez, could work for us with Mendy, KDB, Ederson, Silva all of whom can find the right cross and height, adding another dimension to our attack and a plan B against packed defenses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.