Leyton Orient release statement re: Olympic Stadium

Skashion said:
Even more delusional that they're trying to compare our situation to theirs.

1. We always planned to move into the stadium, before it was built. Our requirements were included at the planning stage. This means we don't have to fucking knock the thing down. Who's going to pay for that? So they're going to give the taxpayer £550 million and then afford a new stadium on top. It's going to be costing about not far shy of one billion. Somehow I'm dubious they can afford that. Whereas we fully funded our conversion and continue to pay the council £2m (now £3m) on a stadium that cost £110m. Economically viable without question. Will pay for itself in my lifetime.
2. We were born in east Manchester.
3. When we moved to Maine Road we were only moving three miles (akin to West Ham from Upton), not seven (Spurs).
4. When we moved to Maine Road we weren't moving into an area which had historically been a support base for another club.
5. When we moved back to east Manchester we weren't moving into an area which had historically been a support base for another club.
6. There's no naming issue. We moved from Manchester to Manchester and back to Manchester.
7. Thus there is no council issue either, it's all Manchester City Council, not Haringey versus Newham.

If you're looking to us for similarities, sorry Spurs fans, there's nothing to see here.
Great post. Horrible what's happening to Orient, they are being sold down the river. But West Ham moving there would be far more acceptable than a new spuds franchise in East London. Wrong for so many reasons

SkyBlueLion79 said:
THFC6061 said:
Well Orient moved from Clapton to Leyton anyway.

And West Ham moved from Plaistow to Upton Park.

And Arsenal moved from Kent to Highbury.

Football clubs moving grounds is part and parcel of the game.

But I shouldn't have to tell a Manchester City supporter that, should I?

The difference is we're called Manchester City & didn't move out of the City whereas your wanting to move out of the Borough that your named after.
United moved out of Manchester and got away with it!

THFC6061 said:
ban-mcfc said:
got to feel for them...

they never seem to get a mention in the press aswell.

Well Orient moved from Clapton to Leyton anyway.

And West Ham moved from Plaistow to Upton Park.

And Arsenal moved from Kent to Highbury.

Football clubs moving grounds is part and parcel of the game.

But I shouldn't have to tell a Manchester City supporter that, should I?

I hate Spurs. That is all.

THFC6061 said:
Spurs desperately need a new 60,000 seat stadium if we are to maintain our place as one of Europe's top clubs.

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Hahahahaahahaahaahahahah.

No, but seriously, calling Spurs one of Europe's top clubs is stretching....fuck it...

Bwhahahahahahahahahaha

Skashion said:
Even more delusional that they're trying to compare our situation to theirs.

1. We always planned to move into the stadium, before it was built. Our requirements were included at the planning stage. This means we don't have to fucking knock the thing down. Who's going to pay for that? So they're going to give the taxpayer £550 million and then afford a new stadium on top. It's going to be costing about not far shy of one billion. Somehow I'm dubious they can afford that. Whereas we fully funded our conversion and continue to pay the council £2m (now £3m) on a stadium that cost £110m. Economically viable without question. Will pay for itself in my lifetime.
Just a point on this the stadium has actually been designed with it in mind that the whole thing can be easily taken down, sold to another country and rebuilt in a new location.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.