Leyton Orient release statement re: Olympic Stadium

THFC6061 said:
ban-mcfc said:
got to feel for them...

they never seem to get a mention in the press aswell.

Well Orient moved from Clapton to Leyton anyway.

And West Ham moved from Plaistow to Upton Park.

And Arsenal moved from Kent to Highbury.

Football clubs moving grounds is part and parcel of the game.

But I shouldn't have to tell a Manchester City supporter that, should I?

Yer don't. But our moves were from Manchester to, er, Manchester, and then to, er, Manchester.

Skashion said:
Jnr Kisby said:
Just a point on this the stadium has actually been designed with it in mind that the whole thing can be easily taken down, sold to another country and rebuilt in a new location.
Who wants it and what are they paying?

Rumoured chicago for 2020 olympics, no idea what they are paying.

Jnr Kisby said:
Skashion said:
Who wants it and what are they paying?

Rumoured chicago for 2020 olympics, no idea what they are paying.

When yer get situations like the one with the Olympic Stadium and the word 'legacy' flies from the mouths of the usual culprits, yer can bet yer last sou that someone is gonna make a tidy sum out of certain decisions. Yer can also bet yer penultimate sou that it won't be the taxpayer who paid for the fuckin' stadium in the first place.

It's stupid the council want them to pay for the transport improvements. You'd think that would be the councils job, considering Spurs were going to be creating hundreds of more jobs already with the proposed supermarket too being built nextdoor as well

It's absurd that it's cheaper for Spurs to get the olympic stadium, bulldoze it, build it again, and still save 250m quid

Tottenham is already one of the worst places in London with crime and being rundown. The council should sort out the travel links themselves, something they should have done years ago. Anyone that's been to the lane will share them sentiments

I think most Spurs fans are against moving, originally the idea was to persuade Haringey to pull the finger out the arse. It seems they didn't budge much.

THFC6061 said:
ban-mcfc said:
do you want this new stadium though?

Spurs desperately need a new 60,000 seat stadiumif we are to maintain our place as one of Europe's top clubs.
I'd much prefer it if it were where our current ground is.

But forces seem to be conspiring against us to make this possible.

If we really have no other choice other than moving to the 2012 Olympic Games site, I'd rather we did that than stagnate in N17.

k.%20laughter.jpg

laughter350x330.jpg

Laughing,%20laughter.jpg

ShadrachDingle said:
It's stupid the council want them to pay for the transport improvements. You'd think that would be the councils job, considering Spurs were going to be creating hundreds of more jobs already with the proposed supermarket too being built nextdoor as well

It's absurd that it's cheaper for Spurs to get the olympic stadium, bulldoze it, build it again, and still save 250m quid

Tottenham is already one of the worst places in London with crime and being rundown. The council should sort out the travel links themselves, something they should have done years ago. Anyone that's been to the lane will share them sentiments

I think most Spurs fans are against moving, originally the idea was to persuade Haringey to pull the finger out the arse. It seems they didn't budge much.

Spurs will face the same tests as any other COMMERCIAL proposition, if a supermarket is built anywhere then it has to pay for the infrastructure, new road layout etc to service it, Spurs, who will benefit, should pay up.
It's partially Spurs fault the area is rundown anyway and to let important buildings become derelict is shameful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.