Liam Delap - Ipswich player 2024-25

It’ll be interesting to see how Delap develops in the next few months. This might somehow influence a decision on us going after Haaland, unless that decision has been taken already.

Pep is always very flattering in his comments about opponents, their manager and his own players. But giving him minutes, Delap has touched a few strings with Pep. No youth player gets minutes for fun or the sale of it.

It’ll be interesting to see how Delap develops in the next few months. This might somehow influence a decision on us going after Haaland, unless that decision has been taken already.

Pep is always very flattering in his comments about opponents, their manager and his own players. But giving him minutes, Delap has touched a few strings with Pep. No youth player gets minutes for fun or the sale of it.

He has to be given every opportunity to develop in the first team now; he’s got all of the attributes to be ours - and even England’s - #9 for the next 15 years, and is the best striker to come through the academy since Sturridge.

Alvarez looks like an interesting acquisition, so moving forward with him, Delap and numerous false 9 options will be more interesting than buying a ready made option for big money.

Being realistic, I don’t think his future is here. He gets no minutes when we’re 5-0 up and have zero strikers, yet we want Haaland and have already secured Alvarez. On top of that, we have become so good with a false 9 that it will always remain an option even when we’ve got strikers on our books. It’s extremely tough for him to make it here, maybe even impossible as it looks like he’s in the right place at the wrong time.

We are going to have to sell him and the best we can hope for is a buy back option so that if he develops well, we have the opportunity to bring him back if we wanted/needed to.

Being realistic, I don’t think his future is here. He gets no minutes when we’re 5-0 up and have zero strikers, yet we want Haaland and have already secured Alvarez. On top of that, we have become so good with a false 9 that it will always remain an option even when we’ve got strikers on our books. It’s extremely tough for him to make it here, maybe even impossible as it looks like he’s in the right place at the wrong time.

We are going to have to sell him and the best we can hope for is a buy back option so that if he develops well, we have the opportunity to bring him back if we wanted/needed to.

I thought the same thing when Foden first make appearance with abundance of Midfielder and Forwards in City First Team at that time. It is impossible he will make it through and yet how wrong i am today.

I thought the same thing when Foden first make appearance with abundance of Midfielder and Forwards in City First Team at that time. It is impossible he will make it through and yet how wrong i am today.
Foden,our Academy poster boy,was always going to make it.

Delap's situation is very different.

Its a genuine shame he has been injured this past 6 months.

It's the only thing with Pep that can annoy me. Should have had more academy lads in there from the start last night. It would have been a perfect game to see the salford Silva and Delap from the start.

There was no need to have Foden or Bernardo out there. And with a few experienced heads we would have seen it through.

Pep's respect for the opposition/competitions is fair enough and whilst he keeps winning and the squad keeps improving I can't really complain! But it would be nice to see what those two could have done.

Clearly in training he sees enough from Palmer to trust him more than those two.

He has to be given every opportunity to develop in the first team now; he’s got all of the attributes to be ours - and even England’s - #9 for the next 15 years, and is the best striker to come through the academy since Sturridge.

Alvarez looks like an interesting acquisition, so moving forward with him, Delap and numerous false 9 options will be more interesting than buying a ready made option for big money.
On what basis do you make these claims? He is not showing anything truly outstanding in the EDS and when he has come on in first team games he looks a bit out of his depth against defenders who are physically mature.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.