Liam Delap - Ipswich player 2024-25

what is his status? is he getting starts?
He was....he was benched last few games, for the goal scoring god that is Dwight Gayle. I watched couple of Stoke games before, when he started...lumbering/plodding/slow and lacking technical footballing ability, he'll do well to play Prem football in his career.

The only development he will have this season is negative picked the wrong club and will set him back a year or two!

He was....he was benched last few games, for the goal scoring god that is Dwight Gayle. I watched couple of Stoke games before, when he started...lumbering/plodding/slow and lacking technical footballing ability, he'll do well to play Prem football in his career.

Weren’t you the guy who said that Oscar Bobb was a similar player to Leroy Sane?

For anyone that wants to write off Delap, here are a few comments about a 20 year old Harry Kane from a Spurs forum -

'I think he'll be a Premier League footballer, I'm just not sure if it will be with us'

'He hasn't earned regular games at Spurs so I don't really understand that. Also, he hasn't really shown anything in his loan spells to indicate that he would displace any of our strikers. He might carve out a career at Championship/Premier League level but not for a team chasing Champions League.'

'Kane is awful, his touch is awful, his finishing is awful, and he almost looks embarrassed to be playing half the time. I love the optimism, love it..... But i just dont see it at all.'

'I don't think he's good enough for Spurs based on what I've seen, I've seen first hand what he can do in the Europa League, I wasn't that impressed. '

'Harry Kane is big and ponderous in an age where a striker especially one expected to play on their own cant afford to be. I have seen him play for the youth team and on TV in the EL games, don't see him making it at Spurs.

Decent touch and awareness but simply not mobile enough for AVB, or the PL..

The next Grant Holt'

Weren’t you the guy who said that Oscar Bobb was a similar player to Leroy Sane?

For anyone that wants to write off Delap, here are a few comments about a 20 year old Harry Kane from a Spurs forum -

'I think he'll be a Premier League footballer, I'm just not sure if it will be with us'

'He hasn't earned regular games at Spurs so I don't really understand that. Also, he hasn't really shown anything in his loan spells to indicate that he would displace any of our strikers. He might carve out a career at Championship/Premier League level but not for a team chasing Champions League.'

'Kane is awful, his touch is awful, his finishing is awful, and he almost looks embarrassed to be playing half the time. I love the optimism, love it..... But i just dont see it at all.'

'I don't think he's good enough for Spurs based on what I've seen, I've seen first hand what he can do in the Europa League, I wasn't that impressed. '

'Harry Kane is big and ponderous in an age where a striker especially one expected to play on their own cant afford to be. I have seen him play for the youth team and on TV in the EL games, don't see him making it at Spurs.

The next Grant Holt'

Harry Kane was a fatty as a youth player.

Liam Delap has always been a big lad and in good shape and excelled against smaller lads

He's a relic of a different era. Big lad with not much more than average technique but able to bully his way to goals.

Harry Kane was a fatty as a youth player.

Liam Delap has always been a big lad and in good shape and excelled against smaller lads

He's a relic of a different era. Big lad with not much more than average technique but able to bully his way to goals.

Kane at 18, barely an ounce of fat on him.kane.jpg

The next Grant Holt'

No I wasn't, firstly I have never seen Oscar Bobb play ;) ....and secondly I would be the last to compare any academy player to a first team player ;)

.....not sure why you have posted stuff about Kane? The thread is about Delap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.