Liam Delap - Ipswich player 2024-25

They should be.....a fit and eager Delap is a brilliant prospect,give him the supply and he will do the business.
He always struck me as the sort of player who will suddenly 'come to everyone's attention' when he's about 23 or 24, after forming a high scoring partnership with another striker.

A bit like Sutton with Shearer / Cottee and McAvennie etc. A proper 'old fashioned' striker.

I watched him at Rotherham on boxing day for stoke. Looked clumsy and dare I say overweight?? Do well to ever play a premiership game in my opinion again.

The injuries/time out a couple of seasons back has seemingly took a huge toll on his progression.

The Championship is a world apart from Academy football.
It is often a tough, dog-eat-dog fight, with flair players often just getting scraps.
Delap reminds me a little of Ched Evans, who is still picked ahead of Liam, for Preston, even at 34.
The superior strength and power that Delap had at EDS level does not necessarily transfer to Championship level.
Out of Delap, Doyle & McAtee, it will be interesting if any become a Premiership player ?
I'd plump for McAtee, as his skill-set is more suited to the top level...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.