Liam Delap - Ipswich player 2024-25

He needs confidence.

Problem is his physicality cant be relied on as a strength right now, he needs more.

People like to bring up Kane in these type of situations, but there's one kane and infinitely more examples of players who go on poor loans like this to the lower leagues and end up never coming back.

is there really going to be much championship interest in delap next year? He's struggled to break in at two separate championship clubs. That's going to put a lot off I think. Maybe someone at the bottom end if we're lucky? Personally think he's gonna be looking at league one or maybe scotland or something like that.

Doesn't work out well for every player that goes out and maybe he's just been unlucky. Doyle had a busted loan in germany before he started to get something going in the championship.

But dunno, hasn't been impressive at all this year and his next move is probably his last chance before city look to bin him off i reckon.

Struggled at Stoke City and Preston North End. It seems League Championship football is a bit difficult for him at the moment. Should've been loaned to a League One team like Forest Green Rovers who doesn't have a proper striker which would give him more chances to play and grow.

Struggled at Stoke City and Preston North End. It seems League Championship football is a bit difficult for him at the moment. Should've been loaned to a League One team like Forest Green Rovers who doesn't have a proper striker which would give him more chances to play and grow.
Some fans were saying he should have been starting for us

Story repeated countless times in the past decade of young players coming from the manicured lawns of PL2, where a defender farting at a corner is a penalty and a slide tackle is a 6 game ban, to men’s football and being out of their depth.

The difference between him and Troy Parrott who has a year of getting kicked around the park with Millwall is night and day.

If indeed he has offers from Bundeliga clubs, he should snap their arm off and get out there.

Some fans were saying he should have been starting for us
Some supporters always like to give massive credit to unproven local academy kids. Technically Delap is never a Pep type of player and he wouldn't earn any start even we didn't have Haaland or Alvarez in the squad.

And yet Delap has more league goals than Parrott this season

I mean if we are deciding that goals are the only thing that matters, even on that score both have 3 goals this season…..

In every other metric, Parrott is delivering the goods, hence why Lowe - who knows a thing or two about centre forward play - is playing the Tottenham and Everton youngsters ahead of the City one.

Some supporters always like to give massive credit to unproven local academy kids. Technically Delap is never a Pep type of player and he wouldn't earn any start even we didn't have Haaland or Alvarez in the squad.
Reminds me of that scandy striker we had a few years back. Very rated in the youth team and a similar powerful style. He struggled to find his level. Had a decent career in the end if I remember correctly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.