Liam Delap

I wish him all the best but that is wildly optimistic. I can see him being a decent Championship level striker but no more than that based upon what he has done during his loans to date.
What’s happened to all that potential ?

What’s happened to all that potential ?
I commented in my quote below nearly a couple years ago after he kept getting yellow cards and second yellows, he's still not learned from my points on how to bully defenders properly and has so far fared much worse in the men's game than expected.

Liam needs to learn the dark arts the Kevin Davies type tricks of roughing up a defender and getting away with it by the letter of the law, he needs to become a shithouse windup merchant and control his aggression vent it in different ways, to make them react to him he could be the best at it a total nightmare due to his physicality, he should look at people who might be similar to Sergio Ramos and think you might be the shithouse normally but I'm here to wind you up bigtime.

Shearer was also a master at it like Kevin Davies... although he was a master at everything when it came to being an old fashioned English centre forward, even if Delap drops off in the goals department he should at minimum always be a Kevin Davies type handful if he learns those tricks.

Liam just needs to focus on learning for now and reflect on his stupid bookings, if he gets to Balotelli levels of getting stupid cards all the time into his early 20s then he could go down the same path, never fulfilling his potential but here's to hoping he keeps his head screwed on and learns from his mistakes.

The potential is still there and he'd started playing well very lately too but he's been very unlucky with the timing of this injury, especially seeing as they've just loaned Fabio Carvalho off the dippers and already had Jaden Philogene the impressive England u21 player ripping up trees.

I think Delap would've likely scored a lot and also benefited from good link up play between now and the end of the season, the injury is truly awful timing for him he can still potentially become a Prem player too as some players develop later than others.

The ship for him has sailed here and the potential of a massive fee for us has too as he hasn't adapted to the men's game as quickly as anticipated, the Stoke move was a disaster he went against club wishes and went out of his way to go there and he didn't kick on at Preston either, it's just a matter of when we sell him now but maybe we should offload him very cheaply and consider a Tommy Doyle type 50% sell on.

I wouldn't write him off as a player just yet but he certainly needs to learn how to become a top nuisance like Kevin Davies, he's clueless on how to properly use that big frame of his just learning some tricks in that department, plus also improving link up play would easily see him become a Prem player but it all just depends on his ability to learn and his intelligence.

I commented in my quote below nearly a couple years ago after he kept getting yellow cards and second yellows, he's still not learned from my points on how to bully defenders properly and has so far fared much worse in the men's game than expected.

The potential is still there and he'd started playing well very lately too but he's been very unlucky with the timing of this injury, especially seeing as they've just loaned Fabio Carvalho off the dippers and already had Jaden Philogene the impressive England u21 player ripping up trees.

I think Delap would've likely scored a lot and also benefited from good link up play between now and the end of the season, the injury is truly awful timing for him he can still potentially become a Prem player too as some players develop later than others.

The ship for him has sailed here and the potential of a massive fee for us has too as he hasn't adapted to the men's game as quickly as anticipated, the Stoke move was a disaster he went against club wishes and went out of his way to go there and he didn't kick on at Preston either, it's just a matter of when we sell him now but maybe we should offload him very cheaply and consider a Tommy Doyle type 50% sell on.

I wouldn't write him off as a player just yet but he certainly needs to learn how to become a top nuisance like Kevin Davies, he's clueless on how to properly use that big frame of his just learning some tricks in that department, plus also improving link up play would easily see him become a Prem player but it all just depends on his ability to learn and his intelligence.
He hasn't been, isn't, and never will be, a prem player, not even close! He will do well if he manages to have a career in the championship, but wouldn't be surprised if he drops down a level from there!

He hasn't been, isn't, and never will be, a prem player, not even close! He will do well if he manages to have a career in the championship, but wouldn't be surprised if he drops down a level from there!

Absolute bollocks. He’s a better player at 21 than the likes of Toney, Solanke, Watkins, Callum Wilson etc. There is stuff in this video that most PL strikers couldn't dream of doing.

Absolute bollocks. He’s a better player at 21 than the likes of Toney, Solanke, Watkins, Callum Wilson etc. There is stuff in this video that most PL strikers couldn't dream of doing.

Totally agree. This is the first loan where's he's properly looked the part and the injury is a huge shame. Hopefully he gets back fairly soon and can finish the season for them in the same form.

I'd say if he does he's already good enough for 8-10 Prem teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.