Liam Delap

Absolute bollocks. He’s a better player at 21 than the likes of Toney, Solanke, Watkins, Callum Wilson etc. There is stuff in this video that most PL strikers couldn't dream of doing.

That’s true. How far he goes depends on his attitude and dedication. The weakness in his game for me is that he is pretty hot headed and could become an easy target for referees.
Maybe he needs a team that plays in red and become immune to punishment.

Career goals at 21:

Liam Delap: 16 (12 Championship, 1 EFL Cup, 3 EFL Trophy)

Ollie Watkins: 36 (23 League Two, 10 Conference South*, 1 FA Cup, 2 EFL Trophy)
Ivan Toney: 29 (11 League Two, 14 League One, 1 FA Cup, 1 EFL Cup, 2 EFL Trophy)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin: 23 (5 Premier League, 5 League Two, 6 Conference North*, 1 Europa League, 4 EFL Cup, 1 FA Cup, 1 EFL Trophy)
Danny Ings: 21 (6 Championship, 8 League One, 4 Conference South*, 2 FA Cup, 1 FA Trophy*)
Elijah Adebayo: 21 (15 League Two, 1 Southern League Premier*, 3 FA Trophy*, 2 Burks & Bucks Senior Cup*)
Michael Antonio: 18 (1 Championship, 3 League One, 7 Isthmian Premier*, 2 FA Cup, 2 EFL Trophy, 3 London Senior Cup*)
Jamie Vardy: 14 (10 NPL Division One South*, 3 NPL President's Trophy*)
Carlton Morris: 10 (8 Scottish Premiership, 1 EFL Cup, 1 EFL Trophy)
Dominic Solanke: 8 (1 Premier League, 7 Eredivisie)
Callum Wilson: 3 (1 League One, 2 Conference Premier*)

Asterisk indicates non-league competition

The idea that Delap doesn't have the potential to become a Premier League striker is just untrue. He's clearly amongst these PL strikers and is playing at a higher level than most of them were at the same age.

He’s got the minerals. Will be interesting to follow his career when he leaves City (I don’t see a future for him at the club).

Career goals at 21:

Liam Delap: 16 (12 Championship, 1 EFL Cup, 3 EFL Trophy)

Ollie Watkins: 36 (23 League Two, 10 Conference South*, 1 FA Cup, 2 EFL Trophy)
Ivan Toney: 29 (11 League Two, 14 League One, 1 FA Cup, 1 EFL Cup, 2 EFL Trophy)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin: 23 (5 Premier League, 5 League Two, 6 Conference North*, 1 Europa League, 4 EFL Cup, 1 FA Cup, 1 EFL Trophy)
Danny Ings: 21 (6 Championship, 8 League One, 4 Conference South*, 2 FA Cup, 1 FA Trophy*)
Elijah Adebayo: 21 (15 League Two, 1 Southern League Premier*, 3 FA Trophy*, 2 Burks & Bucks Senior Cup*)
Michael Antonio: 18 (1 Championship, 3 League One, 7 Isthmian Premier*, 2 FA Cup, 2 EFL Trophy, 3 London Senior Cup*)
Jamie Vardy: 14 (10 NPL Division One South*, 3 NPL President's Trophy*)
Carlton Morris: 10 (8 Scottish Premiership, 1 EFL Cup, 1 EFL Trophy)
Dominic Solanke: 8 (1 Premier League, 7 Eredivisie)
Callum Wilson: 3 (1 League One, 2 Conference Premier*)

Asterisk indicates non-league competition

The idea that Delap doesn't have the potential to become a Premier League striker is just untrue. He's clearly amongst these PL strikers and is playing at a higher level than most of them were at the same age.
He's got the potential to become anything he wants (at least in a footballing sense, I'm not sure if being a brain surgeon is in his future), the only thing stopping him would be his fitness. It's not unusual for a young player to have lots of injuries when young and to flourish once their bodies have stopped growing but he seems to have had way more than his fair share.

Definitely a PL striker in him. Should earn us £15-20m at least.

Bit like Mcatee. Top English players in their age bracket but will struggle to get a proper chance here.

I don't know, appreciate I'm only picking up highlights here but when I see him I'm reminded of Ishmael Miller, tall, powerful running with the ball, decent vision with an end product. Have to say as well (and I know he's not the standard of the current shirt wearer) but I do picture him in our number 9 role putting away the chances, he makes the runs, gets into position. Perhaps guilty still of too much running when economy of movement for a forward could work better for him, could learn a lot about that in the current set up. I'd like him back first half of next season, give him the league cup games and involvement with the first team and take a decision in January on loan or keep (under contract till 2026 I believe?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.