Life after death? Your thoughts?

like jim morrison said

'i think it's a bunch of bullshit, myself'

aphex said:
like jim morrison said

'i think it's a bunch of bullshit, myself'

In that case, its a shame he went early then isnt it?

I dont think there is, so I'd rather not think about it - seems no point really, I'll just depress myself - reckon I'll find another thread to read instead.

Swales lives said:
There is nothing after life. You just die. Nothing. Just darkness.
The people left behind remember you for a short while,
then they die and we all get eaten by maggots.

What's the fucking point? I'm off to kill myself now. Farewell.

I find it interesting when people say that. Darkness or 'blackness' and nothing are rather different things. Think before you were born, did you notice any darkness?

It's like when people argue about before the big bang. They say "how can the universe just come from nothing?" That's because their concept of nothing is, like you say, darkness. Nothing really is what it says on the tin though. Nothing. It isn't darkness. Your mind can't comprehend it so it comes up with this rather strange analogy.

I just find it an interesting point that's all. I know you were probably using it in a descriptive sense.

SkyBlueFlux said:
Swales lives said:
There is nothing after life. You just die. Nothing. Just darkness.
The people left behind remember you for a short while,
then they die and we all get eaten by maggots.

What's the fucking point? I'm off to kill myself now. Farewell.

I find it interesting when people say that. Darkness or 'blackness' and nothing are rather different things. Think before you were born, did you notice any darkness?

It's like when people argue about before the big bang. They say "how can the universe just come from nothing?" That's because their concept of nothing is, like you say, darkness. Nothing really is what it says on the tin though. Nothing. It isn't darkness. Your mind can't comprehend it so it comes up with this rather strange analogy.

I just find it an interesting point that's all. I know you were probably using it in a descriptive sense.

Good point, the concept of literally nothing is too much for the mind to comprehend. Darkness is something isn't it? So yeah, what is nothing? Besides sitting at home doing nothing on study leave..

Logic suggests there is no life after death, and it's just something we as intelligent beings created as some kind of hope that this isn't it. I mean do dogs, cats, beetles, flies, wasps etc all have life after death too, because surely if it counts for us as humans it should count for every living creature too. Or as I say is it just something we have conjured up because we have the capability of intelligent thought?

I might be wrong and when my time comes I find myself swatting away a wasp as I enter heaven, (or indeed hell!).

There is a big part of me though which believes there is something there, based on things I have heard from those who have lost loved ones but have had 'contact' with them in some way.

I don't know, and as others have said, time will tell.

Courtesy of Loudon Wainwright III

There'll be lots of drinking in heaven
Smoking and eating and sex,
What you didn't do in this life bad for you
Will be totally cool in the next
In heaven there'll be beer for breakfast
At lunch it's tequila and wine
And the soup served with dinner is made with paint thinner
And the morning hereafter feels fine (oh)

Good behaviour will get you to heaven
It's Beulah land, that's where you're bound
But nobody makes nice up in paradise
When you get up there then you get down
And the angels have ashtrays in heaven
St Peter puffs on a cigar
That's right, smoking's allowed - it's what makes all those clouds
And you don't have to sit at the bar (oh)

And they eat all day long up in heaven
And nobody ever gets fat
No not one calorie and the ice cream is free
It comes in a pint, quart, or vat
And it's just one big orgy in heaven
And nobody ever says 'No'
And it's front, sideways, back and you start to lose track
But you don't lose your get up and go (oh)

At lunch it's sambuca and wine
The gazpacho with dinner is made with paint thinner
And the morning hereafter feels fine

-- Thu May 26, 2011 9:15 am --

Courtesy of Loudon Wainwright III

At lunch it's tequila and wine
And the soup served with dinner is made with paint thinner
And the morning hereafter feels fine (oh)

Good behaviour will get you to heaven
It's Beulah land, that's where you're bound
But nobody makes nice up in paradise
When you get up there then you get down
And the angels have ashtrays in heaven
St Peter puffs on a cigar
That's right, smoking's allowed - it's what makes all those clouds
And you don't have to sit at the bar (oh)

And they eat all day long up in heaven
And nobody ever gets fat
No not one calorie and the ice cream is free
It comes in a pint, quart, or vat
And it's just one big orgy in heaven
And nobody ever says 'No'
And it's front, sideways, back and you start to lose track
But you don't lose your get up and go (oh)

At lunch it's sambuca and wine
The gazpacho with dinner is made with paint thinner
And the morning hereafter feels fine

-- Thu May 26, 2011 9:15 am --

OnlyOneUweRosler said:
BulgarianPride said:
Why is Christianity the "correct" religion? You are telling me if i don't believe in Jesus i go to hell, does this mean hell is full of millions possibly billions of people that lived before Jesus? Where do Jews, and Muslims go?

-- Wed May 25, 2011 2:38 pm --

What about ancient man that did not speak, did not write, and had a very different concept of religion. Do they go to hell just because they were born before Jesus? Kind of unfair if you ask me.

I was raised agnostic. However, I had a religious experience. I then began to study the Bible. I came to realise that there is no explanation for Jesus' resurrection other than He really came back from the dead

Alternatively it didn't happen!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />-- Thu May 26, 2011 9:18 am --<br /><br />
OnlyOneUweRosler said:
1.618034 said:
OnlyOneUweRosler said:
The following link may help you

Oh well that's that then. Sorry I asked. I mean, you've got chapter numbers and everything, so it must be true!

How about not quoting works of fiction? Next thing you'll be telling me that there won't be any peace until the ring is returned to the volcano or that the chosen one will be able to crack the Matrix.

The Bible isn't fiction, archaeology and science back it up

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.gotquestions.org/biblical-archaeology.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gotquestions.org/biblical-archaeology.html</a>

Do you have any other sources than nut job American evangelical crap?

Ducado said:
Do you know that the bible is a work of fiction? Because if you do, I would get your research published, because you would be the first person in the world to have proved it. The fact is that there is a lot of historical fact in the bible, it's up to you to beleive it is the word of God (I don't by the way)

By the way much of Genesis and the creation stories are taken from far older Babylonian texts (The Epic of Gilgamesh) they have a long linage. You have to remember that much was written in a much simpler way so that ordinary people could understand

Not surprising since the Garden of Eden is in Iraq along with Babylon.<br /><br />-- Thu May 26, 2011 6:42 pm --<br /><br />
BulgarianPride said:
OnlyOneUweRosler said:
BulgarianPride said:
So can you answer my questions? Why is god so unfair that he send his creations to hell just because they lived before Jesus?

This link may help

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.gotquestions.org/before-Jesus.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gotquestions.org/before-Jesus.html</a>

Paul is this you?

I've got to say I'm really genuinely impressed with OnlyOneUweRosler. It's amazing that when you lay down the simple facts of the case you can have a serious discussion.

I've been trying to do that for hundreds of pages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.