Life after death? Your thoughts?

I should add that many other scientific theories relativity, gravity, electricity etc are commonly accepted as fact but are indeed theories at their heart . . albeit challenged scientifically for hundreds of years since first brought to the fore. Whereas, creationism has no no scientific basis, no evidence etc . . might as well believe in father christmas . . at least it brings a bit of fun (and would stand up to greater scrutiny that that creationist nonsense).<br /><br />-- Thu May 26, 2011 8:26 pm --<br /><br />
Rascal said:

Doesn't want you for a sunbeam . . or for anything else for that matter . . because he's dead and there is no afterlife.

OnlyOneUweRosler said:
burning blue soul said:
if there is life after death, why? whats the point?

Man wasn't originally meant to die, we were meant to be eternal.

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end - Ecclesiastes 3:11

So life after death is simply the continuation of our eternal existence

why are we meant to be eternal? what if i dont want to be eternal? what if i want to slip away into darkness, do i get a choice? it all seems a bit like a package holiday to me and you cant get out of the excursions!!

ElanJo said:
Josh Blue said:
hisroyalblueness said:
On the subject of the bible; it's a book of misinterpretation and outright exaggeration written hundreds of years after the fact by a number of different individuals who were (at that time) inspired very much by the fact that they were earning a living by preaching it and ergo had a vested interest in twisting it to suit their own ends.
Numerous historical (because it was historical [hundreds of years ago] even at that time) facts were twisted to align them with errant predictions made in the old testament. ie. jesus's birth place etc . .
Anyway, I don't see why I should even entertain such nonsense because we either have science (you know, that stuff based on fact) like evolution for instance . . or we have religion and it's 'better believe it on trust alone or you'll burn for eternity in hell' mantra and it's creationist drivel.

When you're dead you're dead and no you won't meet a kindly old man with a long white beard at some pearl encrusted gates set atop a cloud. . . sorry. On the upside, you won't burn forever in tortured agony either.

What you will be however is either right or wrong in your expectations of the post-death experience and the religious clowns will be wrong and the sane level headed logical human beings will be right . . not that it'll help any of them.

The [point behind it is that religious organisations have grown fat at the expense of the starving poor .. in this life where it matters . . by selling their nonsense to the feeble minded. Eg. while 'good' catholics die of starvation in Africa, the [ex hilter youth] pope drinks from solid gold cups only a few thousand miles away.

This isn't an anti-catholic statement by the way because that applies across all of the religions (christianity not being the largest of them) as they all profit from the poor. Taking what the poor need today in exchange for an empty promise -and it's the cruellest con trick of all because it's all bollocks and there is no afterlife. .

I don't want to throw a spanner in the works here, I don't follow a religon but I do know Evolution (Darwins theory) is not a fact.

Evolution occurs. It is a fact.

Oh Lord what's happening to me?

Agreement with ElanJo.

I need to lie down.<br /><br />-- Thu May 26, 2011 8:31 pm --<br /><br />
burning blue soul said:
OnlyOneUweRosler said:
burning blue soul said:
if there is life after death, why? whats the point?

Man wasn't originally meant to die, we were meant to be eternal.

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end - Ecclesiastes 3:11

So life after death is simply the continuation of our eternal existence

why are we meant to be eternal? what if i dont want to be eternal? what if i want to slip away into darkness, do i get a choice? it all seems a bit like a package holiday to me and you cant get out of the excursions!!

No you don't. Your soul is eternal.

Time to wake it up.

hisroyalblueness said:
Josh Blue said:
hisroyalblueness said:
On the subject of the bible; it's a book of misinterpretation and outright exaggeration written hundreds of years after the fact by a number of different individuals who were (at that time) inspired very much by the fact that they were earning a living by preaching it and ergo had a vested interest in twisting it to suit their own ends.
Numerous historical (because it was historical [hundreds of years ago] even at that time) facts were twisted to align them with errant predictions made in the old testament. ie. jesus's birth place etc . .
Anyway, I don't see why I should even entertain such nonsense because we either have science (you know, that stuff based on fact) like evolution for instance . . or we have religion and it's 'better believe it on trust alone or you'll burn for eternity in hell' mantra and it's creationist drivel.

When you're dead you're dead and no you won't meet a kindly old man with a long white beard at some pearl encrusted gates set atop a cloud. . . sorry. On the upside, you won't burn forever in tortured agony either.

What you will be however is either right or wrong in your expectations of the post-death experience and the religious clowns will be wrong and the sane level headed logical human beings will be right . . not that it'll help any of them.

The [point behind it is that religious organisations have grown fat at the expense of the starving poor .. in this life where it matters . . by selling their nonsense to the feeble minded. Eg. while 'good' catholics die of starvation in Africa, the [ex hilter youth] pope drinks from solid gold cups only a few thousand miles away.

This isn't an anti-catholic statement by the way because that applies across all of the religions (christianity not being the largest of them) as they all profit from the poor. Taking what the poor need today in exchange for an empty promise -and it's the cruellest con trick of all because it's all bollocks and there is no afterlife. .

I don't want to throw a spanner in the works here, I don't follow a religon but I do know Evolution (Darwins theory) is not a fact.

Sorry mate but it is fact . . it was originally announced as 'Darwins 'Theory' of evolution when his paper was first put to the scientific community because at that point it was theory . . ergo a premise put forward for scientific challenge.
It has been challenged repeatedly ever since and all examination has only served to reinforce the fact it's correct. New scientific breakthroughs (eg. carbon dating) only serve to further prove it and only the creationists nutters who think that the world was created some 6000 years ago are opposed (to be fair ALL religions are based on creationist theories . . all nutters).

Yeah cool, I am aware of Natural selection and that is a fact as humans and other creatures are doing that today. However I believe the theory that all lifeform came from one primitive lifeform and over the years evolution took place and here we are today. That theory is one I don't believe because there is many contridictions in Darwins and sympathisers writings and many holes can be put into the theory the same as other theroies and also religons. (Excuse my spelling).

I believe in death after life.

This is really about all there is...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO5dcW0P75M[/youtube]

...aside from City of course :)

Josh Blue said:
hisroyalblueness said:
Josh Blue said:

Sorry mate but it is fact . . it was originally announced as 'Darwins 'Theory' of evolution when his paper was first put to the scientific community because at that point it was theory . . ergo a premise put forward for scientific challenge.
It has been challenged repeatedly ever since and all examination has only served to reinforce the fact it's correct. New scientific breakthroughs (eg. carbon dating) only serve to further prove it and only the creationists nutters who think that the world was created some 6000 years ago are opposed (to be fair ALL religions are based on creationist theories . . all nutters).

Yeah cool, I am aware of Natural selection and that is a fact as humans and other creatures are doing that today. However I believe the theory that all lifeform came from one primitive lifeform and over the years evolution took place and here we are today. That theory is one I don't believe because there is many contridictions in Darwins and sympathisers writings and many holes can be put into the theory the same as other theroies and also religons. (Excuse my spelling).

This is just scientific common sense.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6IrUUDboZo[/youtube]

Anyone enjoying the merry-go-round and pantomime?

Josh Blue said:
hisroyalblueness said:
Josh Blue said:

If there are many contradictions it shouldn't be hard for you to name a few.

The floor is yours.

Great video on the subject of life after death, particularly at the end

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMNlFXhcyEw[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.