Lifestyle & retirement

I'm working part time now I'm 54 and will pay my mortgage off with my pension lump sum. My work is phisical now but keeps me fit. Not the hassle I used to have 24 7.

For me this is the key move, the minute we paid off the mortgage the extra money went straight in to the pension. Rather than getting used to having extra income it is important to make it work for you.
What contribution do my employers have to make ?

Brain tumour focused my mind on retiring. Exceptionally healthy and sporty all my life, then 3 yrs ago the diagnosis. Operation was successful, but just goes to show - you never know.
Semi - retired now - loving it and appreciating it.

Glad it went well. That's the gist of it none of us are guaranteed a future or a tomorrow. Of course we have to plan for it but not at the expense of living now.

Glad it went well. That's the gist of it none of us are guaranteed a future or a tomorrow. Of course we have to plan for it but not at the expense of living now.
Thanks - was a shock but we are lucky to have Salford Royal as a centre of excellence for that kind of thing.
And yes - plan for tomorrow but don't forget today.

Thanks - was a shock but we are lucky to have Salford Royal as a centre of excellence for that kind of thing.
And yes - plan for tomorrow but don't forget today.

Yes I was taken there briefly when I had a bleed on my brain, thankfully I didn't need an operation.

Yes I worked with so many people breaking their back for this utopia when they retired who never made it. I definitely altered my mindset as a result.

Yes I was taken there briefly when I had a bleed on my brain, thankfully I didn't need an operation.

Yes I worked with so many people breaking their back for this utopia when they retired who never made it. I definitely altered my mindset as a result.
Glad you're OK obviously - Yep, these reminders that we're not guaranteed anything should be used as a positive

Brain tumour focused my mind on retiring. Exceptionally healthy and sporty all my life, then 3 yrs ago the diagnosis. Operation was successful, but just goes to show - you never know.
Semi - retired now - loving it and appreciating it.
You sound like me, reevaluated life after a big health episode.
It really does shake you up.
Glad you're okay mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.