Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we want to put the "project" at risk for a 33 year old? Imagine he turns up and get crocked at say, Burnley 5 games in-that could be it for him. Stupid thinking at this stage of his career-now if it had been when Pep arrived that's a different matter.

This has reignited a bit of the love I'd lost recently of the game. Its made me realise that taking it all too seriously is pointless, we all started off as kids loving football for our own reasons and it was a simple joy back then. As we get older, we still love the game but in different ways.
Even if this fell through, the buzz I've had from it over the last 24 hours has taken me back, and I'm happy that as cynical as I can be, the kid inside hasn't been lost completely.
If you can't get a buzz of potentially being in your seat at the Etihad and seeing Lionel Messi in a City shirt but rather you are moaning about wages, pay structures, shirt numbers and whatever other bollocks some are posting in here then you are lost.

This has reignited a bit of the love I'd lost recently of the game. Its made me realise that taking it all too seriously is pointless, we all started off as kids loving football for our own reasons and it was a simple joy back then. As we get older, we still love the game but in different ways.
Even if this fell through, the buzz I've had from it over the last 24 hours has taken me back, and I'm happy that as cynical as I can be, the kid inside hasn't been lost completely.

I can relate to that. I honestly cannot see Messi coming....its City FFS!

Despite this given there are sound and logical reasons that he might be tempted, Pep, Kun, City can afford him, I just cannot picture Messi living somewhere as fucking miserable as Manchester through the winter months.

The speculation is fun though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.