Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A view from The Death Cult forum...and I say just because of this, please shiiiiik, please sign him up.

...Just like that. 'I'll tell the Sheikh'. their daddy. the Sheikh. Steroid daddy Sheikh club. That is who they are. We're the only club in England that can defeat this evil now. Messi and the Sheikh. Pimps of football.

The romance and purity of football lays with us now. We have to defeat this and win the title next season. The soul of English football depends on us. Only we can prove that Sheikhs cannot buy glory like pimps. F*ck Messi and f*ck Sheikh Oligarch football. Its up to us. The glory and romance depends on us.....

A view from The Death Cult forum...and I say just because of this, please shiiiiik, please sign him up.

...Just like that. 'I'll tell the Sheikh'. their daddy. the Sheikh. Steroid daddy Sheikh club. That is who they are. We're the only club in England that can defeat this evil now. Messi and the Sheikh. Pimps of football.

The romance and purity of football lays with us now. We have to defeat this and win the title next season. The soul of English football depends on us. Only we can prove that Sheikhs cannot buy glory like pimps. F*ck Messi and f*ck Sheikh Oligarch football. Its up to us. The glory and romance depends on us.....
It’s the use of the word romance that tickles me. Once every 30 years. Even Mrs SINCS doesn’t suffer that kind of drought

Just how... how did Stephen Warnock get a job as a Sky pundit. He's not the fizziest drink in the fridge (not that that is a crime), he's not especially articulate, his football knowledge seems limited, he has little or no grasp of analysis and he has a fixed stare that makes him look like he's about to fart but he's not sure if he needs a shit. He's hopeless and whoever employed him should take a long hard look at him or her self because for the money Sky pay they must be able to get better punditry, analysis, reasoned debate and insightful commentary.

He played for Liverpool, is English and as far as we know isn’t a racist or has a criminal record. It’s a small pool.

Just like Danny Mills, always presented as an ex-City player despite doing fuck all for us. Still collecting pay cheques off our name the twat.

Pimps buy glory?

I have always been dubious about the chances of Messi leaving Barcelona let alone coming to City. But the idea that all the little genius is doing at the moment is fighting a battle to oust their president seems nonsense. If he is doing so he doesn't seem to have soaked up the lesson that he doesn't seem to get his way on much at the club; he was against sacking Valverde and Valverde was sacked, he didn't want Neymar to leave and Neymar left and he didn't want Grieseman bought but he was bought. It seems more likely that there is so much at the club that Messi never wanted and doesn't agree with that this time he really does just want out.

That doesn't mean he will inevitably leave but the chances seem far higher than ever before, in which case City do appear to have greater attractions than many other clubs. No other PL club seems to me to be a realistic contender and our only real rival does seem to be PSG. Paris has obvious attractions and his ex-colleague Neymar is there; whether these compare to the presence of his best mate being here (only for one more year?) along with Pep, Ferran and Txiki only Messi knows.

Even so the deal will be very complicated. The figures quoted in the media are pure guesswork and guesses to alarm rather than enlighten. I think we can forget the release clause in his contract because Barca will want to negotiate a fee to avoid him going for nothing next summer, if he really is adamant he wants out. He'll still be expensive and he won't play for peanuts, but we know, now more than ever, exactly how reliable our club is on matters of finance. I suspect a fair slice of the money for Messi will come from sources other than City and will not even raise a hint of an FFP problem.

So, if he wants out, if City really want him and if we can reach agreement with Barcelona I see no reason why he shouldn't be in a City shirt for next season. And what a prospect that will be.

I agree with what you’ve said, and he’s exactly the player we could’ve done with in games where we needed that little bit of magic. Games where teams held on last season, with a player like him I think it would be too much for them. I watched them in a game last year where they were losing 1 nil and the opposition crammed in front of there goal. It looked like they would lose and Messi scores an absolute worldy to equalise and then another to put them ahead, and then added a third. Every goal was top class.

Also, re his goal scoring stats dropping off a bit, do you not think that’s because of the players he’s playing with? Without the likes of Inesta, Xavi and Dani Alvez, who are three of the highest assist makers in La Liga history teeing him up. His own assists are pretty similar to what they've always been for years, it’s only his goals that have dropped off a bit (however still very impressive).
It’s hard to know, as his orchestra wasn’t what it was, but I’d expect his numbers are on the decline given his age. Watching some highlights from last season he doesn’t seem to have the same zip to get by the fourth or fifth player anymore, but he’s still leaving the first few for dead.

The guy is class and although he’ll miss chances etc his overall play is on a level we won’t have seen, nor will the PL because, well, there’s arguably been no one better than him, ever.

The idea that he’s past it is because everyone is comparing Messi to Messi. Compare him to anyone else, on and off the pitch, and he’s still out on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.