Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always been dubious about the chances of Messi leaving Barcelona let alone coming to City. But the idea that all the little genius is doing at the moment is fighting a battle to oust their president seems nonsense. If he is doing so he doesn't seem to have soaked up the lesson that he doesn't seem to get his way on much at the club; he was against sacking Valverde and Valverde was sacked, he didn't want Neymar to leave and Neymar left and he didn't want Grieseman bought but he was bought. It seems more likely that there is so much at the club that Messi never wanted and doesn't agree with that this time he really does just want out.

That doesn't mean he will inevitably leave but the chances seem far higher than ever before, in which case City do appear to have greater attractions than many other clubs. No other PL club seems to me to be a realistic contender and our only real rival does seem to be PSG. Paris has obvious attractions and his ex-colleague Neymar is there; whether these compare to the presence of his best mate being here (only for one more year?) along with Pep, Ferran and Txiki only Messi knows.

Even so the deal will be very complicated. The figures quoted in the media are pure guesswork and guesses to alarm rather than enlighten. I think we can forget the release clause in his contract because Barca will want to negotiate a fee to avoid him going for nothing next summer, if he really is adamant he wants out. He'll still be expensive and he won't play for peanuts, but we know, now more than ever, exactly how reliable our club is on matters of finance. I suspect a fair slice of the money for Messi will come from sources other than City and will not even raise a hint of an FFP problem.

So, if he wants out, if City really want him and if we can reach agreement with Barcelona I see no reason why he shouldn't be in a City shirt for next season. And what a prospect that will be.
I don’t think Neymar would be too happy with Messi joining PSG , I thought he left Barca to get out of the shadow of Messi.

I’m gonna laugh my bollocks off when he comes out and says I’m staying at Barcelona.. do all you freaks on here honestly believe messi is coming to Manchester?? He should of come years ago so I don’t want him now when he’s past it.. wouldn’t swap him for Bernardo wouldn’t swap him for Jesus.. Therefore its a massive No from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.