Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, this point may have already been posted. mind, no author, just espn sources.
From the espn.co.uk football site, La Liga are siding with Barca in their interpretation of the contract.
below is the translated statement from the link to La liga's statement in that article.

Press room

SUN 08.30.2020

In relation to the different interpretations (some of them contradictory to each other) published in recent days in different media, related to the contractual situation of the player Lionel Andrés Messi with FC Barcelona, LaLiga considers it convenient to clarify that, once the player's contract with his club:

The contract is currently in force and has a "termination clause" applicable to the event that Lionel Andrés Messi decides to urge the early unilateral termination of the contract, carried out in accordance with article 16 of Royal Decree 1006/1985, of June 26, by which regulates the special employment relationship of professional athletes.
In compliance with the applicable regulations, and following the corresponding procedure in these cases, LaLiga will not carry out the prior visa process for the player to be removed from the federation if they have not previously paid the amount of said clause.
Hey. Don't tell anybody on here, just between you and me but have you heard about the titanic?

I think Messi wants to be, forever, thought of as the best player that has played the game. He can't see himself winning the Ballon d'Or again with Barcelona and desperately wants to win more than Ronaldo. At this time he has won one more than him. It is not about money anymore for him. It is about his legacy. He would give us, at least, 2 fantastic years, in my opinion.
Coming to the wrong team if he wants to win personal awards, won’t even get in the team of the season coming to the blues.

I agree and with that caveat I think on the whole we have bought well. Sterling Sane De Bruyne Edison Bernardo have been excellent business but I do think we often pay a full price.

its £7.50 for fish n chips over the road.....

David silva 20 odd million.
Aguero 30 odd.
Fabulous buys but at the time they weren't exactly bargain basement prices. Aguero on one of those inflation adjusted transfer tools was reckoned to be about the most expensive English aquisition becuase the merket was depressed that year.
Still I'd rather be signing them than discussing the merits of Vuouso , Negouai Fowler et al.

SSN at 7pm was a repeat of their earlier report.

Did mention that this mtg with Barca / Messi is probably scheduled for Wednesday. They suggested that Barca would be prepared to offer news terms to Messi. We should be wary of this but it does appear highly unlikely that Messi will play for this regime again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.