Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC just trying to make a joke of the deal. If Messi was close to the Dippers or the Rags - the planned tv programmes would be cancelled and a Messi to the Rags/Dippers documentary would be shown. I’m starting to despise the BBC.

Along with the rest of the media, they all despise us.

Who cares.

Nope he didn’t pull it out of his ass. Report close to the operation and as published in Marca in Spain. He will cost Manchester City 750 million euros.
5 seasons ( 3 @ City, 2 @ NYC ) with a gross salary of 100 million per year

250 million as a sign on bonus to be executed when he joins NYC to avoid issues with the financial fair play.

This would obviously be the arrangement if we gets to leave Barcelona for free.

Utter madness. I have a hard time believe FIFA would not have something to say.

If you've not got your coat on already I suggest you fucking hurry up.

So you think that all the execs and people who are working behind the scenes are sitting ONLY focussed on the Messi situation? Honestly? That our entire rebuilt/transfer strategy is being hijacked by the Messi thing?

For all we know it could be totally done and dusted with the final steps being played out to make it totally watertight within the media etc.

lets hope that is what happening ? i do know city will have to watch the spending and if messi is going to cost more than what we first though then we my have to cut corners and gamble on what we have right now

ALL clubs make mistakes.
Yep I agree but I have to say we often pay a fairly full price for players.
Mahrez, Cancelo et al were certainly not cheap Rodri and Laorte weren't cheap but we got them on the release clause.
I don't think we pay stupid money for players and I think we have a decent set up but we haven't picked up too many bargains.

Fuck. Imagine him only being able to play 58 of 60 matches this season.

funny enough messi would be better played in time slots and looked after in games ? even dare i say coming off the bench and killing off teams with 20 minutes to go

Tier 1, so yes.
I can see things are slowly falling into place.

- Messi says he's through at Barca.
- Doesn't think of himself as a Barca player.
- Refuses to do covid tests and Doesn't turn up for training.
- Allegedly a farewell party at Suarez's house for Messi.
- This "tier 1" journo saying it's near completion.
- Pep returns from Spain, obviously met up with Messi at some point.

We must be more down the line than what we imagined and our silence from the club is defeaning.

I think Messi wants to be, forever, thought of as the best player that has played the game. He can't see himself winning the Ballon d'Or again with Barcelona and desperately wants to win more than Ronaldo. At this time he has won one more than him. It is not about money anymore for him. It is about his legacy. He would give us, at least, 2 fantastic years, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.