Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I agree but I have to say we often pay a fairly full price for players.
Mahrez, Cancelo et al were certainly not cheap Rodri and Laorte weren't cheap but we got them on the release clause.
I don't think we pay stupid money for players and I think we have a decent set up but we haven't picked up too many bargains.

Kompany and Zabletta are two I can think of right off the top of my head.

Mahrez, Cancelo et al were certainly not cheap Rodri and Laorte weren't cheap but we got them on the release clause.
I don't think we pay stupid money for players and I think we have a decent set up but we haven't picked up too many bargains.
We're perceived as having lots of money. It's difficult to pick up bargains when they add £20m to the asking/starting price

I can see things are slowly falling into place.

- Messi says he's through at Barca.
- Doesn't think of himself as a Barca player.
- Refuses to do covid tests and Doesn't turn up for training.
- Allegedly a farewell party at Suarez's house for Messi.
- This "tier 1" journo saying it's near completion.
- Pep returns from Spain, obviously met up with Messi at some point.

We must be more down the line than what we imagined and our silence from the club is defeaning.

Also his dad flying in Wednesday could well be to meet us as well as Barca. We did Torres medical in Barcelona could well do the same with Messi?

For what it's worth, this point may have already been posted. mind, no author, just espn sources.
From the espn.co.uk football site, La Liga are siding with Barca in their interpretation of the contract.
below is the translated statement from the link to La liga's statement in that article.

Press room

SUN 08.30.2020

In relation to the different interpretations (some of them contradictory to each other) published in recent days in different media, related to the contractual situation of the player Lionel Andrés Messi with FC Barcelona, LaLiga considers it convenient to clarify that, once the player's contract with his club:

The contract is currently in force and has a "termination clause" applicable to the event that Lionel Andrés Messi decides to urge the early unilateral termination of the contract, carried out in accordance with article 16 of Royal Decree 1006/1985, of June 26, by which regulates the special employment relationship of professional athletes.
In compliance with the applicable regulations, and following the corresponding procedure in these cases, LaLiga will not carry out the prior visa process for the player to be removed from the federation if they have not previously paid the amount of said clause.

David silva 20 odd million.
Aguero 30 odd.

We're perceived as having lots of money. It's difficult to pick up bargains when they add £20m to the asking/starting price
I agree and with that caveat I think on the whole we have bought well. Sterling Sane De Bruyne Edison Bernardo have been excellent business but I do think we often pay a full price.

does anyone know who is actually a reliable source on the messi situation? Seems like so many journalists getting involved on this and mainly talking bollocks. I know Sam lee is quite close to city and Guillem Balague has his relations with Pep...
Both bullshitters ,despite their famous sources they are following the news and not breaking it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.